Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1986 Mustang LS Swap Project in TX

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 Mustang LS Swap Project in TX

Year: 1986
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Price: $7500
Mileage: 79000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): TX
Color: Green
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

Selling my LS swapped 1986 Mustang GT. It is a running driving PROJECT that I just don't have the time or money to finish. It needs someone that has the time and patience to give it the tlc it needs. It isn't perfect and has problems that I will lay out completely below. Please read the ENTIRE ad before asking questions -- It is not perfect so please don't show up expecting it to be. Car is is Carrollton TX.

Gen IV 4.8L out of a 2007 silverado with 79k on it -- only year it came without AFM/DOD. This is the 295hp model. Drive by wire works flawlessly. The motor is stock- just cleaned and painted. Brand new alternator on an ICT Billet Relocation bracket. New F-body oil pain, tray , and pickup. New Bosch Oil filter. Full synthetic oil. Plugs have maybe 100mi on them. New water pump gaskets. Stock harness with stock fusebox. I have the A/C Compressor but not on the car.

Walbro 255 pump, new speedway regulator with -6an line to the rail.

Hedman Midlength Headers/stainless x-pipe/mac catback with stainless tailpipes

Very nice Aluminum Radiator (can't remember the brand) with an electric fan that is switch operated.

4l60e rebuilt on 6/23/15. It has a year warranty from the builder. Trailblazer I6 convertor. New heat sink trans cooler all steel braided line and AN fittings. Shifter is a c5 corvette shifter and cable. Aje Tubular Trans crossmember. CFR dipsick and tube. Sn95 driveshaft with new precision yoke and u joint.

Taylor battery relocation box. 1/0 Gauge battery cable all the way back. Brand new battery with warranty.

5 lug 03 cobra front brakes and spindles

Aje tubular K and Ls mounts, Team Z tubular A arms, qa1 coilovers, Maximum Motor sports CC plates. Flaming river manual rack.

Freshly build Rearend. New Ford Trac Lok Dif. 4.10 gears. 31sp axles. Moser c clip eliminators and dif cover, Maximum Motorsports lower control arms, Koni Red Shocks, H&R Sport springs, Full length subframes. Maybe 1500 miles or less on this setup.

Clean Bogarts on very new tires

New Carpet in the interior, New dash pad, Mint Condition 04 Cobra seats, new Grant GT steering wheel, No gauges but I have a never installed Florida 5.0 Cluster and bezel ready to go in- I just paid $250 for it. Kenwood head unit that works, but it could use new speakers.

Car is straight and has a clean title. It has a few dents and the paint is probably a 6/10. It is worst on the bumper corners and on the drivers door. The paint is coming off in some spots. Overall it isn't terrible and still shines up nice, on par for an old car.

PROBLEMS PROBLEMS PROBLEMS:

1. The trans is having some trouble that I think is related to never having hooked up the Torque convertor circuit. It has an 0700 code and a TCC circuit low which I believe is causing the trans to default to max line pressure. This is causing a hard 1-2 shift and some lunging when you first start/drive the car. The car still drives and cruises fine, it's just an annoyance that needs to be fixed. It shifts through all the gears and kicks down like it should. I usually just shift it manually. It is a rebuilt trans and new convertor so I'm pretty sure there isn't anything wrong with the unit itself. I have paperwork for the warranty- I'm not going to personally guarantee the trans guy will honor it- but like I said I think it is a wiring issue.

2. The car has a misfire and throws a multiple misfire code every once and a while -- I think it is a bad coil, but not sure. When it was tuned all the cylinders looked fine after driving it and it drives perfect most of the time.

3. It leaks oil - not sure where from. It doen't gush oil or anything, but It will leak on the driveway.

4. The exhaust leaks at the header collectors, it isn't terrible but needs to be fixed.

5. The carpet doesn't fit around the shifter well, the auto locks don't work, the dome light needs a bulb, the drivers seat is not wired up so it will not move, the shifter doesn't light up, no hatch carpet, the passenger door sometimes doesn't close well, Hood latch handle isn't attached to the car (still works), Some of the interior pieces around the steering wheel aren't on (I have them).

6. Needs to be aligned. Steering Wheel doesn't sit straight and one wheel is cockeyed

I'm sure I've forgotten stuff. Generally it is a great mostly done project that needs some TLC to be really cool. It has a ton of awesome parts and is ready for someone to take the next step. $7500

Name:  20151112_131829_zpsbodt83vv.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  385.5 KB

Name:  20151112_131838_zpsahzxqmso.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  379.9 KB

Name:  20151112_134107_zpsfbqttllb.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  275.9 KB

Name:  20151112_134358_zpsqgyxwtb6.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  340.9 KB
Attached Thumbnails 1986 Mustang LS Swap Project in TX-capture.png  
Old 04-21-2016, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad you're in TX, that's a long ways away, but this is close to what im looking for, and id want to take out the auto and sell it anyways so the issues with it don't bother me much.

Quick Reply: 1986 Mustang LS Swap Project in TX