Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Supercharged 2007 6.0L Avalanche LTZ 465RWHP (CARB certified)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 08:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supercharged 2007 6.0L Avalanche LTZ 465RWHP (CARB certified)

Year: 2007
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Avalanche
Price: $15000
Mileage: 154000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Color: Blue
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD

Time to sell my truck, need to step up to a 3/4 ton rig to tow my growing toys. (boat in pic not included)

Truck is a very clean and straight 2007 Chevy Avalanche LTZ, 4x4. Very tastefully upgraded. Rare and beautiful dark blue metallic paint, with tan leather interior. I get lots of compliments on the truck, even before I tell people what is under the hood.
Only 3,000 miles on new 6.0L ATK HP93 (iron block)
Edelbrock E-force Supercharger currently making 7PSI of boost at 6,000rpms
GM LS9 ZR1 supercharger spec camshaft
New Robert Godfrey level 4.5+ built 4L65e trans (more clutches, upgraded input/output shafts, sonnax sun gear, billet servo, and more) good for 650HP
Tru-cool 40k transmission cooler
FTI triple disk lockup torque converter with 2000RPM stall
Solid welded left motor mount, stock mount could not hold the torque of this beast
Magnaflow high flow catalytic converters
Magnaflow full length exhaust (single 3" behind the cats)
Polished 20" GMC Denali wheels with bowtie centers
Nitto Crosstek tires with good tread
Rear GM electronically controlled airshocks replaced 20,000 miles ago (LTZ active suspension system is fully functional)
New OEM headlights as originals started to discolor
New upgraded OEM woodgrain steering wheel to match dash/doors
Custom behind seat 12" JL subwoofer with Kicker 500 watt amp tied into factory Bose stereo system. Bluetooth aux controller.

All upgrades done professionally by TS Classics in San Ramon, CA.
Dyno Tuned by highly regarded Synergy Motorsports in Livermore, CA.

This truck can pull a house and flies down the highway. It is currently running on a very conservative tune. The stock edelbrock injectors are at about 90% duty cycle so we pulled the shift points down and set the rev-limiter low. I have a set of LSA injectors that should allow the shift points to be raised to 6500 releasing another 50HP or more. Everything currently passes smog no problem. It comes up on the smog machine as a 5.3, the supercharger has a CARB number, and it has no problem passing the OBD tests in California! As you can see under the hood looks almost like stock except for the Edelbrock supercharger badges.

Now the bad... the trans or the torque converter is not cooperating at low speed heavy load conditions. It's not an issue under normal driving conditions but it is a problem if you try to launch the truck from a stop or slow roll. Robert is a good guy and stands behind his transmissions, he has agreed to check it out and repair it under warranty if it is a transmission problem. FTI also stands behind the torque converter, they will warranty if it is an FTI problem. I just don't want to pull it out again as I have already been through one torque converter before upgrading to the FTI.
There is a slight wear/tear on the driver's seat, it was that way when I bought the truck 7 years ago.

Feel free to share to anybody who may be interested. Truck is available for viewing in the San Francisco East Bay Area or in Sacramento where my office is located.

Send me a message if you are interested: mikeskiw@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails Supercharged 2007 6.0L Avalanche LTZ 465RWHP (CARB certified)-truck-boat.jpg   Supercharged 2007 6.0L Avalanche LTZ 465RWHP (CARB certified)-6l-truck.jpg   Supercharged 2007 6.0L Avalanche LTZ 465RWHP (CARB certified)-6l-stand.jpg   Supercharged 2007 6.0L Avalanche LTZ 465RWHP (CARB certified)-dyno-sheet.jpg   Supercharged 2007 6.0L Avalanche LTZ 465RWHP (CARB certified)-sub-pic.jpg  

Old 02-03-2017, 12:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Cool truck, what heads did you use on the 6.0? How about the differentials any thing beefed up with them?

TTT
Old 02-04-2017, 12:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It has the high volume boost friendly 873 cathedral port heads. Stock 3.73 differentials are holding up fine but I was considering 4.11 or 4.56 gear upgrade. My Jeep builder can swap in different gears for less than $1500. Thank you for the compliments!

Quick Reply: Supercharged 2007 6.0L Avalanche LTZ 465RWHP (CARB certified)