Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Bolsa Chica Beach Day (SoCal) November 15th.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 05:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bolsa Chica Beach Day (SoCal) November 15th.

A bunch of rx7, rx8, and evo guys are all meeting at Bolsa Chica on November 15th. Seeing as I have an ls1 in my seven, I'd love to have a bit of musclecar turnout. Here's the deal.

So here's a link to a map of Bolsa:

The main entrance is in the middle of the beach where the map marks "B". If we're trying to get cars near each other I suggest we drive a ways north (R turn after you enter). There are bunch of parking lots one after the other. I humbly suggest that everyone park toward the north half of the 5th lot. Hopefully that'll be far enough in that we can get some cars side by side, but not screw us if it turns out you can get in from the north too (I'm not sure). There's some nominal parking fee but I seem to remember it's not too bad.

-I can bring all the required paper goods for everyone as I have a ton of leftovers for another event. I'll also pack a mini BBQ and the grating from my weber we can cook over the fire.

-That means everyone else has to bring wood, food, and drinks. Ideally if everyone brings some of all three we'd be good to go. Hell, if every car that showed had one bundle of wood we could have a proper bonfire come dusk. I'd think folks would want to bring serving/cooking utensiles for whatever food you have too.

-For time we're shooting to have everyone meet at Bolsa at 2:00 and we go till a bit after dark If you're coming in a caravan just time it out accordingly.

-I doubt we'll have a problem with fire pits at this time of year but if someone wants to get there early that'd be rad too. Any volunteers?

-Anyone have any good landmarks they could bring (a gaudy umbrella or something) to help find each other at the pit? I'm rocking bleached blonde hair post Halloween so I should pretty easy to find.

Cheers y'all,
Joel

PS I've got this posted at rx7club and socalevo.net already but feel free to cross post other forums as I'm game for whatever.

Last edited by frijolee; 11-07-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:03 PM
Teching In

updated start time.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Regular

im up for showing. ill get the Cali Generalz to see how big of a turnout we can make
Old 11-07-2008, 01:31 PM
On The Tree

sounds cool...but ill prolly be working as always....maybe if it runs late ill cruise by
Old 11-08-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is anyone rolling to this? I never make it out but if we get some Ls1s in there I might just take the TA out
Old 11-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Teching In

There are a couple more ls1 swapped cars that should be coming, but I don't know if we have any true f-bodys or vettes yet. I say start the contingency or heckle a couple buddies into rolling with you.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by frijolee
There are a couple more ls1 swapped cars that should be coming, but I don't know if we have any true f-bodys or vettes yet. I say start the contingency or heckle a couple buddies into rolling with you.
anyone from rotory reliabilty gonna be there
Old 11-12-2008, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Can't vouch for R&R. I know some of their guys are regulars in the West section of rx7club so they've got a fair crack at it.

The good news is that Huntington Beach is predicting 85 degrees and sunny. Should be perfect for some SoCal winter beach action...

Quick Reply: Bolsa Chica Beach Day (SoCal) November 15th.