Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Superior Automotive in Anaheim, CA?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 06:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I spent that much on my car, I would spend the $18 in gas to drive to CMS. Actually it wouldn't cost you anything in gas, because Ryne doesn't charge as much as your being quoted.
Old 10-30-2009, 07:32 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by travie319
Go to CMS....they have all the software and tune a shitload of GM stuff.
Chris you only pop up only to say "Go To CMS". Nothing wrong with that but it would be nice to see you engage in some conversation once in a while.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:00 PM
EkS
On The Tree

I've had work done on my Chevelle there. They're good at what they do, but I don't think I would let them tune my vette.

Just do what I did, and take it to CMS.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:17 AM
Teching In

First, don't go anywhere near Superior. They made multiple mistakes on my car and also told me my car was tuned and let me take it home surging very badly and told me the computer would learn within 50 miles. It didn't learn. They also tuned it with a Predator. They don't know what's going on except for old school hot rods with carbs.

As far as tuners, Haddad is one of the best plus he has a "Dynapack" load bearing dyno which makes part throttle driving adjustments way better than other dynos. Lots of tuners can tune full throttle but most of your driving is not with the pedal mashed down. I'd wait to make sure it's done correctly.

http://www.dynapack.com/

Last edited by qboy; 10-31-2009 at 12:23 AM.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:27 AM
TECH Regular

google "Shawn Ellis" or "socal tuning" or even put them together.. a lot of mustang threads with unhappy customers. I found these:

http://www.socalterminators.com/foru...ad.php?t=12279
http://allfordmustangs.com/forums/we...al-tuning.html
http://socalterminators.com/forums/s...ht=shawn+ellis

I'd steer clear and go to a GM shop.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Chris you only pop up only to say "Go To CMS". Nothing wrong with that but it would be nice to see you engage in some conversation once in a while.
Your right Ivan, I haven't been on this board much lately...the **** talking has gotten pretty slow here...lol But I always see post like this and feel bad for these mis-guided people on the path to "Vehicle Hardship". Why not just send them to CMS and have them get the job done right the first time at a resonable price. I know there is other shops out there and I know most of their owners, but the truth is I believe in the CMS name and from personal experience have been taking care of nicely. (Man Juice and all)

BTW....Ivan? How are the wife and kids and is your mom still stripping at the Silver Spur? Last time I visited her she was giving out $20 lap dances "a great deal, if ask me..." with such experience and flexability, it pretty hard to resist such a deal. Anyways...how's that for conversation engagement?
Old 10-31-2009, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Your right Ivan, I haven't been on this board much lately...the **** talking has gotten pretty slow here...lol But I always see post like this and feel bad for these mis-guided people on the path to "Vehicle Hardship". Why not just send them to CMS and have them get the job done right the first time at a resonable price. I know there is other shops out there and I know most of their owners, but the truth is I believe in the CMS name and from personal experience have been taking care of nicely. (Man Juice and all)

BTW....Ivan? How are the wife and kids and is your mom still stripping at the Silver Spur? Last time I visited her she was giving out $20 lap dances "a great deal, if ask me..." with such experience and flexability, it pretty hard to resist such a deal. Anyways...how's that for conversation engagement?

LM MF *** OFFFFF.....so wheres the silver spur at?
Old 10-31-2009, 02:46 PM
Teching In

Yea go with CMS. I've never had any personal experience with them, but almost everyone I've talked to says CMS is the best. After I get enough money to build my motor, I'm going to drive it up to CMS for a tune.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

What type of dyno does Haddad in Inglewood have: DynoJet or DynaPack?
How about CMS?
Old 10-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Gary Wells
How about CMS?
Dynapack. It's a much better tuning tool than a Dynojet.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by qboy
First, don't go anywhere near Superior. They made multiple mistakes on my car and also told me my car was tuned and let me take it home surging very badly and told me the computer would learn within 50 miles. It didn't learn. They also tuned it with a Predator. They don't know what's going on except for old school hot rods with carbs.

http://www.dynapack.com/
I agree. There tuner is horrible. Plus Superior can't build engines either.

Last edited by mountainbiker2; 10-31-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

How about CMS?
CMS has a DynoDynamics dyno...
Old 10-31-2009, 05:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Too many different types and manufacturers of dynos. I've only dynoed on DynaJet & dynopack so far. Less variables on the dynapack than on the dynajet.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:21 PM
Launching!

CMS has a DynoDynamics dyno...
That is also Load Bearing Dyno. CMS also drives it on the street when they are done to make sure that all the driveability is 100% I have seen a lot of big 408/416/418 cammed cars come out of there that drive really nice. Not to mention he tuned my 403 with a big 252/260 on a 111 lsa cam WS6. It drove nice and made 780 on a 150 shot with pump gas! I cant wait for him to tune my new set up with my Procharger.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:35 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Less variables on the dynapack than on the dynajet.
Can you explain?
Old 11-01-2009, 12:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Can you explain?
Basically, the Dynapack hooks directly up to the hubs, eliminating the rims & tires.

Hopefully, I won't get kicked off of the forum for this, but here's an article about it published and / or written by Church Automotive Testing in Wilmington.

http://home.earthlink.net/~spchurch/id12.html
Old 11-01-2009, 12:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by haighter
That is also Load Bearing Dyno.
No, it is not.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:25 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, it is not.
really its not? considering haighter used to be my employee he would know what dyno i have. our dyno is a load bearing dyno. it applies the load via a large eddy current retarder on the side on the dyno unit. i set the load to each vehicle by only only allowing car to accelerate at certain rate of speed (for example 8 kph per second) by doing that it places load on the car. (the lower amount of kph of acceleration more load there is). now that is for WOT pulls only. as for when i am dialing in a ve or maf table on the dyno, i have a acceleration and stabilization modes where i can hold the car at any given Kph and those fully load and fill in a ve/maf table. ( although i feel i get better results on street , then only on the dyno).. i can pretty much operate my dyno like a engine dyno, (which we all know is load based water brake system, like a dynapack). here is some more info on our dyno
http://www.dyno.com.au/dyno/controll...ow2WD450DSPage

maybe next time you should inform yourself better, before commenting.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

No, it is not.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
really its not? considering haighter used to be my employee he would know what dyno i have. our dyno is a load bearing dyno. it applies the load via a large eddy current retarder on the side on the dyno unit. i set the load to each vehicle by only only allowing car to accelerate at certain rate of speed (for example 8 kph per second) by doing that it places load on the car. (the lower amount of kph of acceleration more load there is). now that is for WOT pulls only. as for when i am dialing in a ve or maf table on the dyno, i have a acceleration and stabilization modes where i can hold the car at any given Kph and those fully load and fill in a ve/maf table. ( although i feel i get better results on street , then only on the dyno).. i can pretty much operate my dyno like a engine dyno, (which we all know is load based water brake system, like a dynapack). here is some more info on our dyno
http://www.dyno.com.au/dyno/controll...ow2WD450DSPage

maybe next time you should inform yourself better, before commenting.
Good explanation.

Quick Reply: Superior Automotive in Anaheim, CA?