Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Emissions ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 11:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emissions ?

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a little situation that I have. One known fact my Camaro will not pass emissions with the aftermarket cam, and not to mention practically open headers!! A friend of mine lives a little furthur east then I do and they do not require him to get emissions! I was going to register my car at his house. Can you do this, and have your drivers license, and DD registered to one house and another vehicle registered at another or will they throw up a red flag?? I was just wondering if anyone has done this before or if it can even be done?? Thanks a bunch!! I hope what I wrote made sense!!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I have seen people do that, some get away with it. Some states wise up and notify you that you are breaking the rules. Also your insurance company might have something to say about it...
EDIT: You are better off locating a place with an extra "fee" to pass you.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would try it since any small fee and time to do paperwork easily offsets additional time/effort to get it to pass through other shady means.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alot of people around here do it.
The law states that if you drive into an area that requires emissions testing then you must pass the test as well.