Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

opti question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default opti question

I have the early opti and it went bad. So i pull it off and I noticed its not like the vented one. How will i know how to install it properly? it looks like a spline shaft just goes right in but how do i make sure the rotor is in the right spot? Idk, its late im tired, does anyone understand my question. Thanks
Old 04-29-2010, 03:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by trans am you lose
I have the early opti and it went bad. So i pull it off and I noticed its not like the vented one. How will i know how to install it properly? it looks like a spline shaft just goes right in but how do i make sure the rotor is in the right spot? Idk, its late im tired, does anyone understand my question. Thanks
http://shbox.com/1/93-94_opti.jpg

^^^The spline drive technically can only be installed one way. As long as you line it up correctly and don't force it, it should slip right on and you'll know you have it on correctly.

Also, you can get a MSD cap and rotor. That will effectively convert your opti to a vented style. You'll need to run vacuum hoses to the intake elbow and to the side of the intake manifold to properly vent it. Don't forget to thread lock the rotor screws before you reinstall the opti.

Quick Reply: opti question