Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Help? You will get karma points for this!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Help? You will get karma points for this!

Hey guys feel a little weird putting this up on a public forum but my stepdad's mom, aka my step-grandmother lives in Israel and we're trying to win this contest thing where someone who is most deserving wins $1000. The $1000 would be used to help fund a trip to America in August for my youngest sisters bat mitzvah (Think bar mitzvah, but for girls) and she's getting on up there in years and is fighting cancer and it would mean a lot to her to be able to see her granddaughter have her bat mitzvah and move out of childhood (well, in the Jewish sense at least haha)

Would really appreciate your vote, it's on FB. My mom asked me to help out and asked me to send it to some friends. Anyone and everyone on LS1Tech is my friend as far as I'm concerned, I love you guys, so I'd love your support

Directions are per my mom's email to me:

First I need for you to LIKE the page then I need for you to LIKE the entry. The links follow.

Here is the link to the Friday Light page http://www.facebook.com/FridayLight to LIKE the page. Then please go to the next linkhttp://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150125874856484&set=a.10150125865 191484.302026.2406501483&theater to the actual photo
I mean, if you don't like the company, just do what I do when I like things for someone in a contest, like the organization, like the photo-story submission, go back to the organizations FB page and unlike them. Simple as that

Appreciate the support guys, we're like 30 ppl behind I'm running out of ideas

I know like 70% will click this thread then bounce, the ones who dont will be greatly appreciated and will receive karma points!
Old 03-19-2011, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So how is she deserving?
Old 03-19-2011, 04:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I donno, just figured a woman who survived the holocaust and had half her family taken away from her never to be seen again might be. Or the fact her husband just died recently. or the fact that she's undergoing multiple diseases such as breast cancer right now and really only has so much time left on the clock and would like to see one of her grand daughters biggest life moments. And how despite all that in her old age and sickness she still gives back to the community doing whatever she can to help and comfort others, with no real income because she's, well, in her 70s? Something like that? I could be WAY off though
Old 03-21-2011, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably should have said that in your original post.