Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

State ref info for you guys

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default State ref info for you guys

So after 8 months of having my car sitting for a state ref ticket it's finally dropped . Had to pay 1500 bucks in court today and everything is good to go . No I did not ref the car nor change anything I just paid the bail. Yes I will be at least putting carb legal cats just in case I get stopped again but the car is cammed so that might not help but it's better than getting caught with no cats. The cops basically saw the long tubes and no cats so I was cited with the gross polluter ticket and noise and that stupid sticker in the back to get it reffed. So for all the ones with questions yes you can just pay the bail. And my registration was in April and there were no holds at all with the dmv. I asked the judge and clerks if there were gonna be any holds and they said once it's paid no.
Good info for all you guys !
Thanks!
Old 11-03-2015, 09:40 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good to know... if you dont mind telling us how big is the cam you have?
Old 11-04-2015, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow $1500?? When I got a state ref ticket, I only had to pay $430 for the bail.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brutalzo6
Lucky! The judge didn't even know what the ticket was she had to go through the book to find out what it was
Old 11-05-2015, 09:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by brutalzo6

How long ago, Sir?
Old 11-13-2015, 04:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by W.S6 FORMULA
Lucky! The judge didn't even know what the ticket was she had to go through the book to find out what it was
you can always put hollow cats. so it would look like you have cats on.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 412 Likes on 293 Posts

Long tube headers are illegal in the state of California. Any Cop that is aware of that will most likely site you. The state of California mandates that you can not move the placement of the catalytic convertor from the factory position.

There are some shorty headers that are CARB approved for use in California but we all know it's a waste.

Any header needs to be CARB Approved for use in California. That also follows CAI as well.

Any Product that is CARB approved will have a label affixed to stating such. Law enforcement is aware of this also and will usually look for it.

A friend went through this with his nephew and a Stock 90 mustang 5.0 . Those vehicles have stock shorty header on them from the factory but being dirty the cop could not see the marking and cited him for it.

Went to the ref and they failed the car because the coolant bottle had no coolant as it was brittle and leaking.

Took it back again, Then He claimed he couldn't see the timing mark properly...

Replaced those issue and they failed it for because the check engine light wouldn't turn of with Key on Engine off or something stupid like that. That's not the way that system work on an OBD1 car.

Took it back again it finally made it through all the B.S. and they finally passed it. It even passed the sniffer.

Those cars barely pass the sniffer in bone stock forum...

In this case, the vehicle was bone stock and he was harassed because of the loud exhaust.

The New Roush Mustangs were even being cited for loud exhaust in some area's of CA.
The car owners had to get them reffed.
Old 11-25-2015, 08:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had the same ticket in SD 3 years ago. Payed 550.00 to dismiss

Quick Reply: State ref info for you guys