Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

West Coast F-Bodies

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default West Coast F-Bodies

Well I have to apologise. Without knowing it I overlooked what seems to be a really good message board for the f-body community...

With that being said, I introduce to you:

West Coast F-Bodies
http://www.westcoastfbodies.com

Currently only in Los Angeles, West Coast F-Bodies prides itself on being not necessarily the largest club(because we aren't), but the club with the most quality experience. We are f-body enthusiasts who are into the love of the f-body, and all things surrounding it!

Feel free to come check out our website and ask any questions on our message board. Registration to the message board is free and does not make you a member of WCFB, so if joining isn't your thing, you can always hang around and chat, we don't mind friends visiting us.

We meet every third Friday, at:

Ricky and Ronnies Cruise-In Diner
http://www.rickyandronnies.com

Located at the corner of Normandie and Sepulveda in Torrance, CA.

Feel free to drop by and say hi to us and find out more about us. If you'd like to meet up with us when we aren't at Ricky and Ronnies, drop us a line.

We also welcome joint events with other clubs, as a way to show that we aren't in competition with anyone

So come by our website and say hi. Hope to see you around!

Russell Nield
Co-Founder
West Coast F-Bodies
http://www.westcoastfbodies.com
Old 05-12-2005, 02:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Zup West Coast F-Bodies! We are also a F-body club called GM Legacy in Los Angeles. We have over 30 members. We should get together and meet. Interested to see ur site. Send me a PM or reply. Thanx!
Old 05-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Banned

seriously man ive heard of you (one of our members - Grant - was at the Castaic car show... the guy with the red/black 98+ lookin Camaro 'vert -- he has a skull as a copilot )

would love to meet up somtime. come check out our boards and say hi!

got a website? if you do ill check it out too.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen Grant's car, nice car! We are currently working on our website. It will be up soon. I'll post up soon in ur website. Next time u guys meet send me a PM so we can meet up!Thanx!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:06 PM
Banned

Once again, for anyone that is reading this that would like to drop by and say hi, we meet up the third friday of every month!

that would put our next club meeting at:

Friday - May 20th, 2005.
http://www.rickyandronnies.com

so if you wanna come and meet us just drop by then, its the most convienient time

see ya there!

-R
Old 05-12-2005, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

are you guys heading over to Reno for Hot aug nights the first week of Aug?

Because some of the members of the Largest Camaro club in the NW will be there. hanging out.

Tammy
Old 05-13-2005, 12:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
are you guys heading over to Reno for Hot aug nights the first week of Aug?

Because some of the members of the Largest Camaro club in the NW will be there. hanging out.

Tammy
Nah we wont be there, but we are going to the Las Vegas Invasion (dates to be determined at this point..i think)
Old 05-13-2005, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Just wanted to add a note...

We are also participating in a charity car show on Sat. the 21st in Cerritos, from 6am -4pm for those of you who can't make it to BigginZ&z28skillz cruise and are in the local south bay area. For more details feel free to pm or email me.

Thanks,
Crystalyn
Co-Founder WCFB
Old 05-13-2005, 01:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a good group. I'll probably check you guys out over summer.
Immortals is always up for joint events!
Old 05-13-2005, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

For those who own Camaros & Chevys, we have an All Camaro & Chevy show July 17th (thats a sunday guys) up in Issaquah WA cost is like $10-15 & we are hoping to get Scott Settlemire back in the area.

For the Pontiac Owners there is an August 25th at the Everett Mall In Everett Wa.
Old 05-20-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

What time do you guys meet up over there? May stop by tonite.
Old 05-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Launching!

WEST Coast F Bodies Eh? i met West Coast F-Bodys Founder in Baldwin Park. he invited me to join the club. He is a white guy with his girl supposedly they r both the founders or something like that.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:50 AM
Banned

yup. that was probably me, altho i dont remember visiting baldwin park recently. (altho at the moment things have been a little busy and i've gotten a tad forgetful - apologies and all that

And yes, we are co-founders. neither of us consider each other as pres or vp, and we dont presume to hold any kind of "rank" over anyone else in the club. our sole purpose is to make sure the club runs and things get done. and businesses and the like are more apt to talk to you when you have a title after your name, aside from that, we are just like anyone else in the club. we pass each and every idea by all of our members, and occasionally even by the non-members too, to get a feel for how our ideas are working

we dont like politics or anything like that, we just like getting the job done, enjoying the company of our members and friends, and having fun doing things that are f-body related...thats all
Old 06-01-2005, 08:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I am a co-founder of EMD Motersports in Riverside. We're starting out and still small(around 10 cars) we meet up twice a month and have at least one event planned a month. We should do a joint event sometime... We have done 1 cruz a month for the past 3 months now and have always had a good time...
Old 06-02-2005, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BPLS1 & BLACKV6, what's your names? I grew up in BP. I now live in Temple City (between Arcadia & San Gabriel).

David McAfee
Old 06-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Banned

You guys still block your website from people viewing and charge to be in a car club?
hee hee
Old 06-03-2005, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by msfyter
You guys still block your website from people viewing and charge to be in a car club?
hee hee
My Car club charges people a Due fee & that helps covers the newsletters & our massive buget we have every year that helps support our shows. But you get something in return for it. You get 6 newsletters & a bunch of free stuff. Plus weekly spam mail from the president or the activites director lol.

Our dues are $15 a year for a family & It doesnt matter how many cars, We also dont expect you to show up to events or what have you.

I have noticed that some clubs say you have to come to so many events & meetings a year & you have to be sponsored by a current member before joining. I laugh at that because that is not a club I want to belong to.
I do like ours because you dont have to do a thing but pay your dues. Heck you dont even have to own a Camaro just have to like them.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shorty96
I shall reiterate for the umth time we look for quality people not quantity, unlike some boards that consider every message board sign up as a member. Where is the club pride there?
We have a Message board as well but our members are not members unless they pay dues . Our Camaro club is one of the Largest NON internet Camaro clubs around.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by msfyter
hee hee

We only block two faced people like you Mark who sign up for the site soley to spy on it just to go back to their freinds and talk smack behind our back. Everything gets back to us, and we are not going to tolerate it as would anyone else.

To answer your question yes we charge to be a member, however there is no fee to register for the message board, and don't act like you don' tknow that...for those of you who would like more details visit the site (www.wcfbs.org) I would like to see you go to the Corvette clubs and rag on them for charging dues and watch them laugh at you.

I shall reiterate for the umth time we look for quality people not quantity, unlike some boards that consider every message board sign up as a member. Where is the club pride there?
Old 06-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Banned

Default awesome

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
We have a Message board as well but our members are not members unless they pay dues . Our Camaro club is one of the Largest NON internet Camaro clubs around.
see i knew that we werent the only club like this.

krazzycowgirl -- we operate the same way. you can come join the board, but you arent a member unless you pay the dues to join. we do have a little more stringent requirements, but basically the only thing you "have" to do to join is pay the dues. we do require that you wait it out a month after you sign up, but thats only to make sure that everyone gets along.

basically gives you a month trial, then you have to pay your dues to become a member. thats funny that some people require a "sponsor".

how long have you guys been around?

Quick Reply: West Coast F-Bodies