Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Car was Down on Power

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 12:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car was Down on Power

I sold my car to a friend in Atlanta. He had the car for 1 1/2 yrs, then got stationed here in Cali. Once I saw my old car, I had to buy it back.

Well, I raced it at Barona a few months ago, and ran a 7.3 with it. I was extremely disappointed. I blamed the DA since it was about 3600'.

So, I just recently sent my computer back to Atlanta to get some tranny shift points redone, and decided to do some maint. to the car while the computer was out. Glad I did. Here are the results.

Changed out fuel filter. It hadn't been changed in quite some time. The inside of the filter was floating around inside the shell. The holes didn't line up with the inlet or outlet. ( Car probably ran lean a few times).

Changed out the plugs. Two of the spark plug wires were disconnected. Judging from the plugs and wires appearence, they had been disconnected for quite some time. And, the plugs were gapped at .045 instead of .035 - .038 as needed when running nitrous. So, the little spark I did have, could have been getting blown out. I new I was down on power, and were getting more codes than usual, but to run 7.3 in the 1/8th on 6 cylinders?

I can't wait to get my computer back and get the car running again. Good news is that the plugs all looked o.k. even when running the 150 shot at 11.5:1 on 91 octane.

6's HERE I COME!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

holy ****! 7.3 on 6 cylinders is nuts man, lol
Old 01-22-2007, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep......now I'm satisfied with a 7.3. I was upset before. I was expecting 6's and didn't get it.