Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Stockton / Lodi CA Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stockton / Lodi CA Area

I'll be relocating to Stockton for a job at the end of the month. My soon to be boss recommended looking in Lodi.

Any advice? Suggestions? Etc.

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2007, 06:05 AM
On The Tree

allot of guys i work with live in stockton. my job is called U.S foodservice. its in livermore. the job sucks allot but it pays good. its a warehouse job
Old 08-06-2007, 12:21 PM
Teching In

i lived up there for a while, my mom still does so i know the area and yes lodi is a little cheaper but its got its bad sides. if you need any help or have any questions let me know. i still go up there all the time. theres also norcal-ls1 with members who might be able to help.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

Well I basically heard the same thing about Stockton..It has its good and bad parts of town. I was told to stay North and West in Stockon and my Boss recommended Lodi. I want to say he told me he lives in Green Valley or something about 40 miles away.

I want something as close as possible. I will actually be at the UOP, so closer to the university, the better in my opinion.

No f-body for me, I sold my cars in Jan/Feb but I hope to be into a new GTO or Trailblazer SS after the new year when I get settled
Old 08-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Teching In

well the uop is close to a couple freeways and the cross town freeway wich connects hwy 5 and hwy 99 so thats good. you should have easy access werever you chose to live so really its all about money. you could find a place right by the university but thats some $$ they have alot of real nice neighborhoods in that area. your boss probably lives in grass valley. you have alot of choices really you could go north or south down either freeway its all about your budget.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jeremy b
well the uop is close to a couple freeways and the cross town freeway wich connects hwy 5 and hwy 99 so thats good. you should have easy access werever you chose to live so really its all about money. you could find a place right by the university but thats some $$ they have alot of real nice neighborhoods in that area. your boss probably lives in grass valley. you have alot of choices really you could go north or south down either freeway its all about your budget.

$1000-$1200/mo with a 6mo lease is what I'm looking for. Obviously cheaper the better, but I want a nice neighborhood. I have found apartments in the $600-$900 area. It's just myself, so one bed/bath would work, but wouldn't be opposed to 2 bed/bath for a computer room / office.

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2007, 06:22 PM
Teching In

well thats plenty then. i think me and my girl were paying 650 for a 1 bedroom and the 2 bedrooms were 750 the deposit was like 500. it wasnt on a great side of town but it was clean and close to the freeway.the parking lot had security at night and never had any problems with my camaro parked outside for the whole six months. you should have no problem finding a real nice place for that price. i would look close to uop, theres some older neighborhoods with the victorian style houses that are real nice and there mostly older folks living there so crime is pretty low and cuts down on the foot traffic at night. most the places there like i said have some form of security.

Quick Reply: Stockton / Lodi CA Area