Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Kenne Bell LS1 F body?????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 01:00 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kenne Bell LS1 F body?????????

I was checking out kenne Bells website and they have a kit for the LS1 but its for the 98 03 vettes whats the difference from the ls1 fbody and the vette ls1 why wont the kit fit in a fbody???????? Iam pretty positive that it would fit with an aftermarket cowl hood ??? Has anybody ever kenne belled there fbody yet in the fbody world??? BB
Old 05-07-2008, 01:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Benny Blanco
I was checking out kenne Bells website and they have a kit for the LS1 but its for the 98 03 vettes whats the difference from the ls1 fbody and the vette ls1 why wont the kit fit in a fbody???????? Iam pretty positive that it would fit with an aftermarket cowl hood ??? Has anybody ever kenne belled there fbody yet in the fbody world??? BB
I believe the windshield on f-bodies wont let the kennebell fit, the Ls1 vettes dont have that problem
Old 05-07-2008, 01:07 AM
10 Second Club

It won't fit under the cowl unless you do "some" modification.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:08 AM
Launching!

Yea since the firewall comes down over part of our engines then a twin screw is pretty much out of the question. Centrifugal seems to be the only way to go with us.
Old 05-07-2008, 01:10 AM
TECH Addict

Someone should do it
Old 05-07-2008, 01:12 AM
Launching!

I heard that theres is a way to do it but no proof yet???? cut the cowl is what everybody says to do ???? BB
Old 05-07-2008, 01:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

if they can do it with the vette maggie (check out LME) than a kenne bell from a vette wouldn't be to far behind imo
Old 05-07-2008, 01:37 AM
11 Second Club

i want to know how much taller the kb is then that. I'm thinking it can be done with a custom kmember. Get a kember that will lower the motor down an inch and a half lower possibely. Then it may work. Just a thought...or maybe a future project
Old 05-07-2008, 01:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
i want to know how much taller the kb is then that. I'm thinking it can be done with a custom kmember. Get a kember that will lower the motor down an inch and a half lower possibely. Then it may work. Just a thought...or maybe a future project
That could be the solution Ruck but for now its just a pipe dream haha...BB
Old 05-07-2008, 05:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
if they can do it with the vette maggie (check out LME) than a kenne bell from a vette wouldn't be to far behind imo
That's what I was hopeing but with the A2W intercooler below the KB's... they're that much taller to where you would've be able to fit it under our cowels. I did some reading - it's been discussed in the FI (I believe) forum in the past more than once. Run a search and you should find it. Something along the lines of "Kenne belle in an fbody"
Old 05-07-2008, 08:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
I believe the windshield on f-bodies wont let the kennebell fit, the Ls1 vettes dont have that problem
I believe the Kenne Bell kit for a vette comes with a new raised cowl hood, to solve clearance issues. There is a video on YouTube of a Magnacharger on a Fbody, a spacer on the K-member was needed, along with some minor shaving under the cowl.
Old 05-07-2008, 12:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Having alot of experience with the KB units I have some ideas on getting one to fit under the hood of a F-body. The cowl would need a little trimming just like the maggie setup does. The intake elbow would need to be removed and cut and re-welded so as not to interfear with the windshield. I have had some work down on the aluminum elbows in the past to get them into certain applications. Another problem is the fact that the front nose is designed to work with corvette acceseries which sit 3/4" further back than the F-bodys. So all brackets and pulleys would have to be fabbed up or modifications would have to be made to existing bracketry to bring everything in that 3/4". I have done this in the past as well and the power steering pump has to be replaced with another unit to achieve this. My contact up at KB told me they have a prototype system for the GTO that someone had them build for them. It will never go into production due to the fact that theres not enough demand out there for it. He did tell me I could borrow it to design a setup for the f-bodys but theres a lot of time and money that goes into something like that and someone would have to be wiling to allow me to have there car for months and let me cut it up. I dont think that is going to happen!!! If someone really is interested in doing this and has the time and money you can contact me and I can tell you what needs to be done and how to do it.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike @ CMS
Having alot of experience with the KB units I have some ideas on getting one to fit under the hood of a F-body. The cowl would need a little trimming just like the maggie setup does. The intake elbow would need to be removed and cut and re-welded so as not to interfear with the windshield. I have had some work down on the aluminum elbows in the past to get them into certain applications. Another problem is the fact that the front nose is designed to work with corvette acceseries which sit 3/4" further back than the F-bodys. So all brackets and pulleys would have to be fabbed up or modifications would have to be made to existing bracketry to bring everything in that 3/4". I have done this in the past as well and the power steering pump has to be replaced with another unit to achieve this. My contact up at KB told me they have a prototype system for the GTO that someone had them build for them. It will never go into production due to the fact that theres not enough demand out there for it. He did tell me I could borrow it to design a setup for the f-bodys but theres a lot of time and money that goes into something like that and someone would have to be wiling to allow me to have there car for months and let me cut it up. I dont think that is going to happen!!! If someone really is interested in doing this and has the time and money you can contact me and I can tell you what needs to be done and how to do it.
hum like a 6 month deployment time frame
Old 05-07-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ruckus46Gt
hum like a 6 month deployment time frame
yea
Old 05-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike @ CMS
Just Pmd you Mike get back to me when you get a chance this sounds like a sweet project I just might be all INN.........BB
Old 05-08-2008, 02:55 AM
Launching!

Mike, if you guys get it done once, be ready to do it again. That's all I have to say about that.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LustrousWS6
Mike, if you guys get it done once, be ready to do it again. That's all I have to say about that.
Yeah thats for damn sure hahahaha...........BB
Old 05-08-2008, 01:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe something we would be interested in.. we need to do some more research and looking into how much monay and time this may actually take. i know that it can be done, but for how long it would take and how much do we need to modify the car. i have contemplated this idea before.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Resident

Im guessing this wont be CA smog legal huh oh well DO IT!!!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 03:54 PM
LS1Tech Editor

If you make it they will come! lol I'm in for one if you can do it! I don't want a centf. blower and nor a turbo! I wan't positive displacement baby! And no maggie, not enough up top! KB all the way!

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell LS1 F body?????????