Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Cruise the Crest Breakfast Club May 25

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Cruise the Crest Breakfast Club May 25

It's time again to terrorize the Angeles Crest Highway, have a great breakfast, and spend some time bench racing with a bunch of fellow gearheads.

As before we will be meeting at the Shell station at the Angeles Crest Highway exit off the 210 freeway at 6:30am. The 27-mile winding-road drive is a thrill (if you want it to be,) as are the scenic views and the great food at Newcomb's Ranch. Bring any car you want. Heck, don't bring a car at all and hitch a ride with one of the others. I'm hitching since my car is in a coma. You can also Google Newcomb's Ranch for directions.

The early hour is so that we won't be blinded by the rising sun. It will make for a great morning.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FAIL.

theres a Rim of the World cruise on that day for LA Invasion. why dont you join us rather than cruising ACH all by your lonesone?
Old 05-19-2008, 10:58 AM
FormerVendor

Hey Carl, That sounds like an Awesome cruise, currently I do have 60+ cars going on the ROTW cruise that day and close to 80 people. We have been planning this for months and I know there are others who are planning to attend.

I would not mind talking to you about hosting this cruise for Los Angeles Invasion next year. And I know if this was rescheduled (or done again) for later in the summer that Westbound would be up for doing it.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like the ROTW cruise will be lots of fun.

We're just a small group of guys, many of us dads with small kids/family and limited time, hence the early morning hours. It also is nice since the road is less-travelled by motorcycles (not bad) and slow drivers.

We do this once a month so I'll post up with future dates.
Old 05-19-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CarlC
many of us dads with small kids/family and limited time, hence the early morning hours. It also is nice since the road is less-travelled by motorcycles (not bad) and slow drivers.

We do this once a month so I'll post up with future dates.
Amen to that ^... How about hitting angeles crest on saturday instead?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:48 AM
On The Tree

Because of soccer, baseball, etc. Saturdays are usually not good for many of us in the group.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

I agree saturdays are usually bad for me too. However my son has his last baseball game Friday, so I am going to be free for the next few saturdays. Then come July football starts so i'll be super busy again. Well hopefully we can get a cruise set up soon.

Quick Reply: Cruise the Crest Breakfast Club May 25