Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

The "Hertz" Corvette ZHZ

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arrow The "Hertz" Corvette ZHZ

Originally Posted by Autoblog
Whenever we rent a car from Hertz, we always peruse the Fun Collection then settle on a cheap economy car that won't break the bank. Today Hertz announced that it's adding a new model to the Fun Collection that may change our renting habits this summer. Just like it did with Ford when the rental company offered the Mustang GT-H, Hertz has teamed with General Motors to offer the Corvette ZHZ, a specially customized model of the famous sports car for rental customers to abuse this summer. The car is finished in Hertz' trademark yellow color with a black stripe that starts around the Corvette emblem on the hood and travels back over the roof. It's basically a run-of-the-mill Corvette Coupe with the optional optional dual-mode exhaust system the gives the standard 430-hp 6.2L LS3 V8 a bump to 436 hp. The only other modification are a set of 18-inch front and 19-inch rear wheels that are chromed and feature seven spokes apiece, and some special "Hertz" and "ZHZ" badging. Only 500 examples are being added to the Hertz fleet and they will be available in 24 major cities. The first locations to get them will be Las Vegas, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, San Diego, San Francisco and Seattle. There's no word on what the rental price will be, but we already know that being part of the Fun Collection comes with a price.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/09/h...un-collection/
Honestly whats the rental price for these "fun collection" cars...
Old 06-09-2008, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would guess in the $250 range, but i dont think itll be set in stone. when i worked at enterprise we had the XLR, lotus elise, corvette, porsche boxter and a few other nice cars. they worked on a situational basis, meaning get what you can for them. i rented the lotus out for as low as $125/day and as high as $350/day.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool I saw this in a magazine...

This months Car Craft has an article about the "Hertz Corvette". The price they show is $170 a day. I would pay that for a day of fun.

Quick Reply: The "Hertz" Corvette ZHZ