What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2004 GTO: A4/Rebuilt Title

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2004 GTO: A4/Rebuilt Title

My little brother has found interest in a friend's GTO. The car's in good shape, but has a rebuilt title due to being run off the road and some suspension components getting fucked up. I remember seeing it afterwards and it not looking that bad. However, you never can tell just by a look. I told him if it has no alignment problems or shows uneven treadwear, look into it. Otherwise, pass. Fairly strong for an '04. It ran a 13.4 bone stock. Blue on blue. Roughly 50k on the clock.

The fellow's asking $10,000, which is less than he owes.
Old 08-30-2009, 06:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

You said it all, "You can't tell by a look". Tell your brother to run away! It has money pit written all over it unless your brother doesn't care about suspension issues or re-sale. Sometimes these 'suspension issue' cars can be rebuilt perfectly but in my experiences it rarely happens. Something is always off. Your brother can probably buy a clean decent mileage example for just a few thousand more. Well worth it, especially at re-sale time. Yes, that time will come too and he needs to think that way. It could mean thousands when the time comes.
Old 09-07-2009, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a deal to me. You know the history of the car and where the damage was so you know where to look for problems. The price is low enough for me to take a chance on it
Old 09-07-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NC01TA
You said it all, "You can't tell by a look". Tell your brother to run away! It has money pit written all over it unless your brother doesn't care about suspension issues or re-sale. Sometimes these 'suspension issue' cars can be rebuilt perfectly but in my experiences it rarely happens. Something is always off. Your brother can probably buy a clean decent mileage example for just a few thousand more. Well worth it, especially at re-sale time. Yes, that time will come too and he needs to think that way. It could mean thousands when the time comes.
its funny u say that when I have seen cars in the body shops being fixed that were worse then cars that were for sale wrecked. When it comes to buy a used or wrecked car u really dont know what ur getting because u havent own the car from the start. Either way ur taking a risk and even if u use a carfax its not always going to give u all the info. .

Quick Reply: 2004 GTO: A4/Rebuilt Title