What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Good deal on a '98 TA?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 11:27 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good deal on a '98 TA?

I found a '98 TA in my area at a dealer for $4500. Its a NBM m6 with 126k on it.
Here are some pics from the listing:

Also, does it look lowered to anyone else? Unless they are holding back some info, it looks like a steal.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Teching In

it is lowered and i would say price wise thats a good deal, 127k isnt bad for these cars youve still got alot of mileage to work with(if it wasnt driven terribly) and as long as you can drive it out of the lot your looking at a pretty damn good deal
Old 12-16-2009, 11:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by wrapyourtool
it is lowered and i would say price wise thats a good deal, 127k isnt bad for these cars youve still got alot of mileage to work with(if it wasnt driven terribly) and as long as you can drive it out of the lot your looking at a pretty damn good deal

I'm gonna run a Carfax on it and make sure that everything looks good before I go check it out. Do these motors lose much power with higher mileage?
Old 12-17-2009, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Carfax came back with frame damage and odometer tampering, so it is in fact too good to be true.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by StreetLethal
Carfax came back with frame damage and odometer tampering, so it is in fact too good to be true.
damn! thats crazy!
Old 12-27-2009, 12:11 PM
11 Second Club

Went to take a look at this car yesterday! It was in excellent condition, the front end was pretty good. Whoever did the repair did a good job, the paint was a hair off the factory color. The fenders lined up correctly, the car was lowered, it has red lowering spring in the back and I wasn't able to see in the front. I assumed that they were the same in the front, the car has a flowmaster muffler on it. I didn't drive it as it was raining and I'm not a fan of test driving a manual in the rain so I can't tell you about the rear. The power steering pump was noisy and the fluid was low and dark, the factory pcv was cracked, but was wrapped with some funky black tape. All in all the car looked pretty sound. They claimed that they replaced both window motors and the tracks. It had a power cable for an amp hooked up to the batter and you could see rca cables hanging to the side of the console on the passenger side. Hope this helps anyone out who's interested in this vehicle. Oh and the passenger side tires were super low on air.