What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1998 M6 Hardtop Z-28

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1998 M6 Hardtop Z-28

Well the time has come and I have to make a sacrifice. I'm becoming a firefighter/emt and I'm not eligible for hire if I don't have a clean driving record and it kills me to not be able to drive this car the way it was meant to be driven so I'm putting it up for sale/trade as is. I'm looking for a low mileage 03-05 blue/grey Silverado 1500

I am the second owner. I purchased the car from an elderly man with ~68k on the clock. The only mods done were a Pro 5.0 shifter and 3.73's. I bought with intentions to build a solid 11 second daily driver so I used it to get from work and back and a little cruising for about 6 months and the car went down for a H/C package. Long story short, I had valve clearance issues and blew the short block at ~70k miles and I ordered a new shortblock from texas speed and had it built by Yo at Contemporary Auto in Huntington Beach and as far as I know it's still under warranty.

Specs:
TSP Forged 347 Rotating Assembly
Callie Compstar rods
ARP Rod Bolts
Diamond racing -2cc flat top pistons
Factory GM Grank
Brand New LS1 Block
PRC Stage 2.5 LS6 Heads slightly milled with a Cometic gasket for 11:1 compression
Custom cam: 230/232 .598/.612 on XE-R lobes
Stock Lifters
Yella Terra non-adjustable rockers
PRC Springs
PRC stock length push-rods
Brand new Ram HD clutch/Resurfaced flywheel

Other than the motor, gears and no emissions equipment, the car is stock. The new motor only has ~100 miles on it as well.

Cons: The car only has a base tune and it is running pretty rich. The drivers side window is going bad. There's a small 2.5 inch crack in the bumper right near the fog light and the paint is cracking on the tip of the bumper like most f-bodys. The A/C has been removed, I still have it but a condenser line is broken. The master cylinder has a very small leak. CC has not worked since I purchased the car and the speedo has also been in and out since I bought it. I think the O2 sensors are going bad as well. The tires are pretty worn and they're cheap Summitomos.

Pros: Original mileage, aside from the bumper the car has great paint. It has been garaged since I owned it and I believe the previous owner garaged it as well. The leather has 0 rips and tears, no stains that I'm aware of. I had the windows tinted(after I took these pictures) with a 50% in the front and a 15% on the back window. It has a new Kenwood head-unit with an iPod cable. The car will come with a brand new master cylinder that I never got around to replacing and two brand new Mickey Thompson 255/60 drag radials. I only put about ~2000 miles on the car total since I purchased it in the summer of 2008.