What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2 much 2 ask

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2 much 2 ask

Ive been keeping my eye out for a good ls1 camaro or fb for a while and recently decided i only want a 6speed, there is hardly any ls1s around here where i live, and i had some i had interest in on autotrader close enough to go look at but when i changed my search for only the 6speed the seach results went from 30 cars in a 300 mile range to only 8 cars in my price range and 5 of them had 130-185K miles, so only three were even options, i just drove for 5 hours to buy this car but when i got there they had not decribed it very well to me over the phone , the ********- It looked really nice had a few spider cracks on bumper nothing major, nice rims and tires, nice leather, and an awesome stereo- THE cons when i opened the pass door the fllor was soaking wet(it rained all night b4) and the windows didnt roll down(they didnt tell me that on the phone, said he forgot) head liner was falling a little in front, could probly be fixed. They said they didnt know it had a leak but it looked liked someone tried to silicone on the top in front of the ttop, guess it didnt work, and the prev. owner disconnected the windows cause the driver side was going out. The car has 115k miles on it and ran and sounded good, but i didnt buy it cause i wasnt sure about that leak and the window problem. They said they would take 6600 as is and i priced the window motor, its cheap and the pass gaskets, if thats the prob are like 300 new. IM still thinking about it, if i should buy it or wait for another. What do you all think? Is it to much to ask to get a decent ls1 6 speed in the price range of 6.5-7k? would you all buy this one? http://www.flickr.com/photos/4703452...7623304262648/ what do you all think?
Old 01-31-2010, 09:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

quite possibly the longest run on sentence i've ever seen...

but your price range is reasonable, if you can hold out a little longer i'd see what else pops up. keep an eye on craigslist and the classifieds on here (local section too) and you'll find something.
Old 02-01-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

I would NOT buy that particular car. They lied to you and you would have no idea what else is wrong with the car. I can almost assure you that you would have $8,000 into that car before you ever see summer, and $9,000 into it by 2011. I'm not talking about mods that you would choose but just lousy repairs. Save a bit more money and expand your search area. Limiting yourself to such a narrow area is a real disservice to yourself and such an important purchase. Fast food, gas, and $50 motel rooms is nothing when it comes to purchasing any car. My last two purchases took me 500 miles to one car and 600 miles to another. Best fast food $$, gas $$, and motel $$ I ever spent. I am very glad you passed on that car. Smart!
Old 02-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah i may have to look further away. This one wasnt close, it was almost 300 miles. The bad thing about driving so far to get a car is what happened to me this time and getting there and not being what you thought. I hope i have better luck next time, and hopefully i wont have to drive that far. Im still thinking about it but more than likely i will pass on this car. DAMN i want one bad tho-driving that z28 made my auto 5.0 mustang feel like a minivan...
Old 02-03-2010, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Before you travel anywhere make sure the trip is worthwhile. Ask LOTS of questions on the phone. I mean a LOT! Demand pictures be sent via e/mail and I mean good quality pictures. Carfax is a must. It isn't perfect but it is a helpful tool and helps you eliminate problem cars. Trust your gut feelings and then if everything checks out to your satisfaction, saddle up and go!
Old 02-05-2010, 04:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dang you wrote allot