What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1995 Turbo Trans Am Fully Built Ground Up Street Car Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:14 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1995 Turbo Trans Am Fully Built Ground Up Street Car Project

I'm CONSIDERING, selling my car. It's been a ground up project for over 2 years now, it was stripped to nothing, a bare shell, and built back up with the sole intention of being a badass daily driver street car. Power, handling, comfort, you name it. I could ramble on for hours about what's done to the car. I'll try to describe the car a little in my own words, include a summary of what parts are in the car, and some pictures. I'm sure I'll miss a lot, but it's a start. I want to get some opinions on what it is currently worth. Im going to be moving soon and wont have time or space to finish this thing anytime soon. I also have a ground up 73 datsun 240z restoration for a customer that is taking all my time to finish up. It is not your everyday Trans Am for sale so if you guys don't think it's worth anything as is I'll hang on to it and finish it in a few years. [/end rambling]

The turbo kit was made by me, it's all 304 stainless to the firewall then mild steel. Only V bands used, everything it perfect, no rattling pipes, no leaks, all quality. All mating exhaust surfaces were milled flat after all welding and fabrication was completed. All hotside parts are generously braced and a flexpipe is after the downpipe so nothing cracks! All the coldside plumbing is mandrel bent tig welded alluminum. All couplers are several ply silicone couplers with high quality band clamps. All the engine management sensors are brand new. 90mm throttle body is from a nissan, the stock intake manifold was time consumingly modified to accept it. (lots of cutting and tig welding!)

All machining was done by or for me at Transfer Performance Machine Shop. All bearing clearances checked, new valve guides, good valve job, resurfaced heads, rings file fitted, 4 bolt splayed main caps fitted correctly, etc etc.

Almost every hose is a braided stainless with AN fittings (fuel, coolant, prety much everything BUT the vacuum and heater hose lines). Much detail went into the hose routing, oil catch can setup, etc. Fuel lines, brake lines, all that is brand new. Brake calipers are not new, but the paint on them, pads, hardware, etc is. New rear rotors, resurfaced low mileage stock front rotors. Braided stainless brake lines.

The paint is flawless, body work flawless, doors are gutted with emphasis on making them open and close like a dream. All hardware holding body parts on and such is NEW. Rear bumper and tail lights are custom fitted around a custom hitch that adds some weight to the back of the car and some chassis integrity.

Car has a good sounding stereo. Double din touch screen headunit, (4) 6.5" polk audio speakers powered by a ???watt sony amp. 2 hidden 12" JL Audio subs powered by a second ???watt sony amp. Grant steering wheel with pontiac logo, 3 pillar gauge pod, headliner, dash, etc all in good shape. New GM dashpad, leather front seats, rears deleted. Six point wolfe roll bar with low slung door bars. 5 point harnesses'. Heat and cruise control sorry no AC!

Car has T Tops.

Here's a not exactly complete list of stuff I had saved on my computer.

-----Engine-----
Eagle 4340 3.75 crank
-Liberty 4340 H beam rods (scat)
-JE forged -31CC dish pistons (.030 over)
-Eagle splayed billet main caps
-ARP main studs
-Block 1/4 filled
-ARP head studs
-Stock hand ported heads
-stock intake valves
-SI stock size exhaust valves (best ones before going to inconel)
-3 angle valve Job

-----Engine Management/ Induction/ Fuel-----
-Spectre EMS Pro stand alone (megasquirt software)
-LS1 coils
-80Lb hour injectors
-90mm throttle body
-Turbonetics TC-78
-Tial BOV
-Tial Wastegate
-tubular manifolds with 1 5/8 primaries, 2.5 inch crossovers and a single 3" DP with a dynomax bullet muffler
-Front mount intercooler, forget the brand but it was over $1,000 new for my buddies eclipse, I bought it at a discount when he wrecked his car before he used it.
-Aeromotive 1000
-Aeromotive Controller
-Aeromotive Regulator

-----Drivetrain-----
-T56 with New kevlar synchros, bronze fork pads, billet keys, new 3-4 steel shift fork, new 3-4 synchro assembly
-Mcleod street twin clutch
-Custom steel driveshaft
-Ford 9 inch rearend
-31 spline moser axles
-3.50 gears
-Rebuilt ford posi
-ARP wheel studs (front and back)
-LS1 front brakes
-LS1 master cylinder, line lock, and proportioning valve.

-----Suspension-----
-Koni D/A front S/A rear shocks
-Vogtland front springs, low mileage stock rear springs
-Custom tubular chassis mount adjustable torque arm
-Adjustable panhard bar
-Tubular rear LCAs

---Interior---
-6 point Roll bar
-5 point harnesses
-WB02 (AEM)
-Cobalt EGT
-Cobalt Boost
-Touch screen DVD player
-JL Subs
-(2) Sony Amps one for highs one for subs
-4 6.5" polk audio speakers

---Exterior---
-New paint using only matrix epoxy/ urethane sealers and basecoat clearcote. White with blue pearl in the clear. Looks AMAZING in the sun! Paint and bodywork is flawless.
-17x9.5 OE wheels rims with ET streets on the back and Riken raptor tires on the front
-Acura TSX HIDs with the "high beam" selenoid.

Car has 130k on it I think? CLEAN TITLE Not a part other than the chassis itself has any "miles" on it though.

Here is 3 pages of good pictures showing the fresh paint and some other good stuff.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?pa...9&id=883100144

And I'll also post some pics in no specific order I pulled off my photobucket in a reply to this post.

I apologize for this post being a a cluster f*&k but I run my own business and go to school so I am strapped for time. I want to get some input on what this thing is worth as it sits now.

If this catches anyones eye give me a ring and we can talk more specifics about the car, name's Tyler and my number is 724 456 7710 Like I said it's NOT for sale as of now, but if anyone wants to know more details, or ask questions, your best bet is to call!

Last edited by tylert14; 02-17-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:15 AM
12 Second Club

I got her fired up and idling this winter, the car needs dyno tuned, wet sanded and buffed, and odds and end work to be finished up. Here's a list I had going of what needs bought.

STRANO
-Strano sway bar set $429
-Trany Xmember $170
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UNBALANCED ENGINEERING
-Rag Joint Eliminator $45
-Pusher fan $40
WALMART
-(4)F marker bulbs
-(2)R taillight end bulbs
$15
STOCK PARTS
-Leather shift **** $40
-Reverse lockout selenoid $40
-Cigarette lighter $10
-Rear hatch window trim $40 (call napa)

I also wanted to get Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperCar Tires for the front.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:16 AM
12 Second Club

I have almost all the receipts for the car and can probably get a copy of any I do not. It would take me some time to go through everything and see whats missing and add up how much is into the car. I honestly don't know, it would probably scare me though. I also have schematics and documentation and such for the car to.

v 2 pictures of some of the receipts and documentation I have with the car.
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...785591296-2&zw

https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&i...785591296-1&zw

Last edited by tylert14; 02-17-2010 at 12:24 AM.