What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

'99 Hugger Orange SS (clone)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 01:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '99 Hugger Orange SS (clone)

lookin at buyin a '99 HOSS clone. The body has 90k miles but has a motor and gauge cluster from another 99 HOSS that was totaled with only 66xxx miles. Guy im buyin it from was told when he bought it that motor wasrebuilt at 58000 miles by thunder racing and had katech rodbolts and arp main studs installed and that the bottom end is forged but doesnt know what internals tho, just that its forged(install katech rodbolts in aftermarket rods?)? motor has a trex cam and ls6 intake. car was auto when current owner bought it but he had it converted to standard with a transmission built by t56rebuilds and has a spec stg3 clutch with a hurst shifter. rear end has 3.42 gear with upgraded posi unit. newer pacesetter ceramic coated lt's 3" full slp loudmouth exhaust, offroad y. thunder racing lid. suspension mods are tubular kmember, tubular lower a-arms, diamond subframe connectors, lca's, panhard bar and lowering springs. bout all i can think of... the bad : right front zr1 wheel needs repowdercoated. carpet is cut where bolt in cage was installed at one time. and miles are not correct for what chassis actually is. needs new brake line and pas. side window motor but he has both new in box to be installed... what do yall think its worth? hes askin 13500 but that seems a little much for a z28 to me? i was thinking maybe give him 11000 but about it...
Old 10-14-2010, 01:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty iffy if he has zero documentation of the engine work. That would break the sale for me. Anyone can say they have forged internals.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would want to know why the cluster was changed out for a lower mile one... that would make me question the said 90k miles on the body.