What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

93 Trans Am - 18k miles?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Trans Am - 18k miles?

Hey guys,

I'm inquiring on here for my dad who picked up an immaculate 93 Trans Am a few years back and has managed to only put an additional 6,000 or so miles on it.

The specs:
1993, bright red Trans Am
Auto
Hard top, no t-tops

Only flaws:
-small dent in the quarter (you have to look for it, but it's there thanks to a springy jack handle)
-AM/FM radio works but the CD player doesn't, needs a code (happened after the battery was disconnected)
-A/C compressor leaked the oil out, seals are more than likely bad, there's some oil on the underhood insulation that was flung up

The car has NEVER seen snow. Rain only once with previous owner, and rain 2-3 times with my dad--but never a downpour, just light rain. My dad is the third owner.

I understand the car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, and to one person the car might be worth more than another.

So, how much would you say it's worth?
Old 03-10-2011, 09:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Wow, gotta love these ultra low mileage cars. Althought the '93 isn't in any great demand there is always someone that would enjoy owning a 'time capsule' car with just a few issues that can be repaired (provided it is in excellent condition otherwise with all the fluids being changed at least once, etc..). Let's say the a/c needs $1,000 in work to get it right (just a guess for pricing sake) and few hundred dollars to make the car right otherwise, I would definitely ask $9,000 - $10,000 for starters. Not sure you could get that but it is a good place to start. Adjust downwards if no nibbles and you are really wanting to sell it. IMO, activity will really pick up in the $7,000 - $8,000 area.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well its harder to sale as a 93
You can only chip it and not tune it
Ls1's are pretty cheap so it's very hard to really get what's it's worth
Unless it's a firehawk or something
I have a 93 also and I only have 30k on it
I guess it just depends on what it's worth to your dad
Honestly even at 7k you will have a hard time
What color is the interior?
Post pics and that will provide a better idea
Old 04-25-2011, 07:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just for reference, and i love 93s by the way, we sold my dad's 97 TA that was perrrrfect and that rare chameleon color with just over 100k on it. We got $7k for it. You can kind of do the math with years vs. miles and your 93 may very well be in that ballpark of value.

Quick Reply: 93 Trans Am - 18k miles?