What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

'01 Black SS M6 T-Top - 96K Miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question '01 Black SS M6 T-Top - 96K Miles

I'm seriously thinking of selling my car. I've had it for ~7 yrs and I no longer have the money/time or interest to really keep up with it anymore. My life is going into another direction, and it is time to let someone else have it who can really enjoy it like she needs to be. I'm just trying to gauge a FAIR price for what it is worth (will provide pics later). I will try and keep this simple and eay to follow.

'01 SS Black M6 w/ T-tops. 96K origional miles (engine/trans)

The Good / Mods:

- New Poly MM
- New GM strut mounts
- new driver/pass window motors
- bilstein shocks
- MOOG front suspension bushings
- LS6 clutch, PP, and billet FW (~35K miles)
- lou's short stick
- e-cuout
- Magnaflow C/B
- SLP lid
- MSD Wires & Bosch Platium Plugs (~40K miles)
- SLP fan switch
- SLP strut bar
- C5Z 17x8.5 chome motor sport rims w/ rivits
- RevXtreme CC
- Powerslot rotors
- Hawk Pads
- SS Brake lines
- SLP MAF (no longer installed, but will include if wanted)
- Python Alarm w/ motion, glass break, tilt, and shock sensors + 2-way pager
- FULL system (front components, rear components, H/U, sub, cap, amp, platinum tiped RCA wires, etc...)
- I also have ALL maintenance records for the last ~45K+ miles. Oil changes, repairs, service, etc.
- NEVER RACED. Seriously, I was always too afaird of blowing the rear. Anyone who knows these cars can tell it has never been to the track.
- No leaks (mechanical or t-tops)

The Bad:

- Has one Gabriel shock (drivers side). When I had the MOOG bushings installed, the shop that origionally did my shocks, did them wrong, and the shop doing the bushings had to cut my one Bilstein shock off and replace my strut mounts too.

- There is a slight click/bang when going over med/big bumps from the front end. I suspect it is another bushing that is worn that wasn't replaced in the front (k member maybe). There is no vibration or anything at highway speeds, and you only hear it when going over big(er) bumps.

- On a scale from 1-10, the paint is about a 6 - 6.5. It is faded on the drivers side rear quater. There are some stratches/chips all around, there is a spidered patch on my rear bumper, the 35th anniversary stipes are starting to fade, and one spot is almost disolved completely on my spoiler. When you polish/wax it, it looks nice ~5'-10' away, but when it gets drity, you can see the blemishes.

- Tires are about 5 yrs old w/ 50% - 60% tread left

- Interior has some scratches on the panels. The door lock bezel is cracked on my drivers side, and two pieces broke off on the passenger side. There are some mounting holes where I had some switches mounted under the dash, and the drivers seat has that the usual wear on the outside edge with a slight hole on the actual seat cushon.

- When you shift into 1st gear, like pulling into a driveway, you can hear a slight whine in the trans. Synco's I'm guessing.

Other then what I have listed, the car drives very well for the mileage. You only hear the click/bang on big(er) bumps (speed bumps, pot hole, etc) and the car shifts nicely (w/ the execption of the low speed 1st gear downshift. No grinding while driving though), the trans could probably use a refresh, but it doesn't need to be done. The rear is stock, and quiet. The gear oil has been changed EVERY 6K miles since I have owned it. I will have to look throught my maintenance records to get an approx milage on the parts I have on my car (bushings, plugs, clutch, etc). I think this is about it. I will post pics later on if ppl really seem interested

I was thinking of asking $6,500 w/ "OBO" and "cash talks". Listed as fair, KBB values it at ~$7,900, but I don't honeslty think it is worth that much. Thoughts?

Last edited by Nightrydass; 03-29-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

I agree wth you and your honest assessment. Definitely ask that price and see what happens. Lower the price slowly if no bites. Those mods may be very appealling to some buyers, especially those that can work on their own cars.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im glad you responded to this, i have read some of you other posts and I was going to ask you what you thought. I was thinking of starting it @ $6,950 or something just to see what happens, and lower slowly like you said if I got no bites.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: '01 Black SS M6 T-Top - 96K Miles