What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

99 Z28 loaded low miles new LS6

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 02:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Z28 loaded low miles new LS6

What do you guys think a good asking price to start with? It has 42,000 miles now had 33,000 when I bought it in 2002. It has been garaged ever since I bought it. T-Tops with black leather. High end stereo with approx 125 to 144 sq ft of Dynamat Extreme. Body is straight, paint is almost perfect. Interior is very good. Door panels look new. Drivers seat shows some wear, passenger and back seats are excellent. Power windows, door locks and cruise control. Air is very cold.
I don't know where to start. The crate LS6 has only a couple of hundred miles. The tranny along with the 4:11's only have less than a hundred miles more than that. It has an LS7 clutch setup. The headers are ceramic coated, no cats and it's full stainless over the axle with Borla XR1's and exit thru an SLP 4 tip built by Charles at ProDyno for $1,200.00. There was a writeup about it here way back when and everyone loved the exhaust. Mecham Extractor hood plus stock hood, stock wheels. New Red Top battery.
Pretty much everything under to hood is new.
I can't begin to remember everything on the car. SLP 3 row radiator, SLP subframe connectors, SLP Bowtie grille, BMR Extreme Strut tower brace, Walbro, Eibach Pro, ZR1 chrome replica's, Nitto 555 & 555R's. The R's only have a couple hundred miles.

The car is extremely tight, no squeaks or rattles. Only 2 issues I can think of. The a-pillars are custom for ambient tweeters. They are showing some wear. I need to go to a body shop at a get the right rear fender trimmed. There is one spot that will touch the tire on a heavy bump with 2 or more passengers. Will include a trickle charger with it and a high $$$ car cover that's been used only twice.

This is a beautiful rust free AZ 2 owner car that has been extremely well taken care of. It was bone stock when I bought it. I have never had the car to the track and I'm 63 years old. Car has never been smoked in.

Last edited by HalV48; 04-06-2011 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

You certainly have a lot of $$ into that car and getting it back is going to be next to impossible. I'm sure you are aware of that. If not, you are now. I can't even fathom a guess to what the actual worth is but it is going to take one very special buyer that wants what you have done. Some very personal choices have been made by you, which is great, but now find the buyer that feels the same way. GLWS!