What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What could I sell this car for?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What could I sell this car for?

Hi all! I am looking at doing a trade for this car and some cash for my Silverado HD, and am curious what I could realistically expect to sell the car for if I go ahead with the trade.
While I have always loved these and would like to keep it, it just wouldn't fit into the financial plan right now. So I would be looking to sell it pretty quickly.
Here is what the current owner sent me about the car:

2002 Pontiac Trans Am WS6 Convertible Black/Black with leather interior. The car has the 350HP Performance Pack & LS1 engine. The car has been very well taken care of and always garaged. The engine is all stock and is unmolested with 117K miles. It has power door locks, power windows, cruise control, cold a/c, steering control for radio, radio is aftermarket w/ flip up screen, amp and speakers, traction control, bwd plug wires, bosch iridium fusion plugs, custom cold air intake by spectre, fluid flush, hooker headers, magna flow high flow cats, slp exhaust, new O2 sensors, american racing torque thrust rims (Black/Chrome lip), clifford 2 way alarm system, new alternator belt, new battery and purple synthetic oil.

I know he's had it for sale for 11 and change, but that seems high to me.
What do you guys think is a reasonable value for this car? IE, if you were going to buy it, what would you pay?
Thanks!!
Old 04-28-2011, 08:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

He certainly is in the right neighborhood as far as pricing as long as the title is clear and no accident history. Did you check the Carfax for that and the number of owners? Too many owners is never a good thing as you lose the history of the car and whether it was abused. I personally would steer clear of a car like this as the high miles most likely were not easy miles. Any car past the 100k miles mark will need something and putting in serious $$ over the initial $11,000 will take you into an uncomfortable area, especially if you had to sell in a hurry. Trade-in value is in the $8,000 - $9,000 area. Be careful! There are some really nice LS1 cars out there for $11,000 with much lower miles. You can be looking at LS1 cars 'for sale' in the $12,000 - $13,000 area. These are asking prices. Show up with $11,000 cash or certified bank check and not many will let you walk away.

** Most important thing. Sell your Silverado first if at all possible. Deal with cash.

Last edited by NC01TA; 04-28-2011 at 09:03 AM. Reason: Add-on

Quick Reply: What could I sell this car for?