What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

00 Hawk

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 00 Hawk

Hey guys,
Looking into selling my firehawk and not really sure where to start. Car looks great, sounds great and drives great. Minor rock chips on the hood and like a lot of the firehawks, the chrome is starting to peel on the insides of the wheels. One ding on the rear bumper where someone evidently bumped into me in the parking lot and took a 1-2" diameter chip out of the paint. Car has 92k miles on it and while I can't vouch for what the first owner did with the original 30k miles, most of my driving has been out in the back roads cruising through the twisties around 1500-2krpm. From what I've seen of the firehawk spreadsheets, it's one of 6 red formulas with t-tops and a 6-speed that year. Carfax shows the previous owner was in two accidents before selling it at 30k miles. Most of the mods and maintenance have been done by myself or a mechanic friend of mine, so not much of a paper trail as far as regular maintenance goes. Car gets LOTS of compliments on the look and sound everywhere I go.

Mods:
-ls7 clutch, ls6 flywheel, updated 01-02 master/slave cylinders with 30k miles
-volant airbox (looks good and mates nicely with the firehawk nostrils, I run about 5 degrees above ambient)
-ls6 intake manifold (still have the original)
-strut tower brace
-GMMG exhaust
-level 2 firehawk bilstein/eibach shocks and springs with 30k miles
-cags, egr and air all disabled and removed (boxed up and will be sold with the car)
-car's been tuned since the intake manifold install
Attached Thumbnails 00 Hawk-nice-weather.jpg  
Old 05-08-2011, 07:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

The 'collector market' is almost nil for a Firehawk that has been modded and with those miles, especially with a Carfax showing accidents. Take that out of the equation when pricing and that puts you in the same neighborhood as many other examples of similar Trans Ams out there, even though it still will be a little higher simply because it is indeed a Firehawk. You are probably in the $10,000 area. Ask a bit more than that for negotiating, and if no bites, then adjust lower until the phone starts ringing. Good luck!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, that's the ballpark figure I was throwing around in my head, but it's been so long since I've really took a good look at the f-body market I wasn't sure.. I figured mileage alone would keep it out of the collectors market. I was thinking more along the lines of someone like me that wanted something that looked different, sounded great and was fun to drive, without having to feel bad about putting more than 1k miles a year on it and ruining any "collectors value" by turning it into a high mileage car. It's a fun car to take out and actually drive vs. just being a garage or trailer queen.
Old 05-08-2011, 03:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

All excellent and valid points you brought up. It can be very desireable to that one buyer that wants something a bit different without hurting re-sale value.