What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

99 HOSS A4...worth???

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2011, 10:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 HOSS A4...worth???

I am the original owner. Bought the car on july 2,1999. Car had 11miles on the odometer when i went to pick it up. Car has 14,200 original miles.Car has been in a garage since new. Has cloth interior, ordered it that way. Car still smells brand new. engine is original. Has not been torn into. Trans is original. Changed the rear gear to 3:73. Torque converter is yank ss3600. Has ls6 slp intake w/EGR. granitelli lid,bbk throttle body. Kooks LT's with catted y-pipe, corsa exhaust with dual-dual tips. Has BMR strut tower,adjustable torque arm,subframe connectors(weld),pan hard bar. all orange. I have most of the original parts.Tinted windows. any questions, just ask.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:07 AM
11 Second Club

Color and miles are huge pluses, but the mods are going to limit your market (though not many and most are typical (converter can scare many off).

I personally would demod it back to stock (or as close to possible) to really open up your buyer pool and then throw it on e-bay. Without really every looking into SS's purely because I prefer the Birds, I'd think it could fetch well north of $15k
Old 06-27-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

I agree with Head Hunter. That car would be worth well north of $15,000 if stock. Collectors would be very interested as would anyone looking for an ultra low mileage sweet used car. I don't know what you would get if you left it modded. Owners just can't move them for decent money right now so the normal KBB pricing, plus 25-33% of the mods original cost, is almost not applicable right now.. Sure, these modded cars will sell if the price is low enough but that isn't the idea.
I can't believe the number of really nice modded cars on this 'What is it Worth' page recently. I understand why but it is gut wrenching to read almost daily. Mods are wonderful for the owner but selling them is a real task for decent $$. Good luck 99HUGGRSS !!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:09 AM
On The Tree

thanks for the input fellas!