What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

thinking of selling my baby, need help pricing

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking of selling my baby, need help pricing

it's time to finally part with baby. it's a 2002 z28 convertible with 73,000 miles on it. paint has a couple of chips in the hood but overall is in pretty good shape. interior is very clean, leather seats aren't cracked or anything. It has an ls6 with 20,000 miles on it, pro 5.0 shifter, sfc, lca, lca relocation brackets, slp lid, longtube headers, magnaflow cats, custom built exhaust with flowmaster merge and magnaflow muffler. everything works, including the top, which was replaced a couple years ago, and looks really good still. I feel that it is worth 11k, but I'm not sure. am I asking too much?
Old 08-27-2011, 05:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 455 Likes on 330 Posts

I don't feel you are asking too much at all. KBB (in my zip code) shows a 'private party' good condition '02 Camaro Z28 vert with those miles at $11,700. The difficult part will be finding a buyer (a young person) that wants your car and the mods done to it. After that, he will need to have the $$$ which is tough right now. GLWS!!
Old 08-27-2011, 06:08 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah in my area as well nothing is selling period, these days you almost have to give something away to get rid of it, bad for seller good for buyer,good luck man,some advice if an offer even gets into the ball park for what you are asking i would take it.take care man,
Old 08-27-2011, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

You didn't mention color, which could add or subtract a couple hundred to a thousand bucks. I would say $9k would be a more accurate selling price. I do not like kbb for pricing cars and it's even less accurate when it comes to pricing cars with non-original motors. To get $11k, I think you would have to find someone that has the same tastes as you, but does not want to spend the time modding. Unfortunately, I think that most people that like performance mods feel that adding the mods themselves is most of the fun. Good luck.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Staging Lane

Maybe $7,500 if lucky.