What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

91 Camaro Z28 value

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 08:52 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 91 Camaro Z28 value

I found a 91 Z28 for sale and I think its a pretty good deal from what I've seen in comparison.

91 Z28
65K miles
Power windows, Door locks, and seats
White with grey cloth interior
5.7TPI engine
700-R4 trans
no rust, very clean underbody

The paint is slightly faided but the body is very straight and rust free. The drivers side door had a scratch and has been painted and does not match well. The paint on the drivers door is a brighter white than the rest of the car. The interior was in good shape but slightly dirty, drivers seat showed a little wear.

I'm looking for a show quality car, this car isn't show quality but with a paint job and some clean up it could be. What do you feel this car is worth?
Old 01-02-2012, 09:30 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

A lot depends on the history of the car too. Any accidents? How does the 'older style' a/c system work? Let's not even go there (cost-wise) if it isn't working. With a quality paint job and cleaning up the interior setting you back some serious $$$, you don't want to lay out too much for the car. I would say anything under $5,000, provided the car is really decent with no other issues than what you described. I'm not sure I would pay more than that. Take a look at this similar ride on ebay which is apparently pretty nice. The guy probably won't get his Buy It Now price but it helps you decide how much you should have invested so you don't get hurt in the future.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1991-...item20c0cd7f41
Old 01-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the reply. The car you posted from ebay looks almost identical. I was thinking it was worth 5-6k. I don't think the owner will sell it for less than 6K though. Everything works on the car minus the power seat on the drivers side. I don't think its had any accidents. I asked for the VIN so I could do a car fax on it...so far no response from the owner. This is the nicest car I've found in that price range, I was impressed with how straight the body was. I realize I probably won't get my money back out of it if I buy a car like this and paint it but I don't want to overpay. Clean rust free hard top third gen cars are getting hard to find.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

You're welcome! If the car really checked out perfectly for you, and I'm glad to see you are doing your homework on it, I wouldn't let $1,000 stop me from buying it. Good luck!
Old 01-06-2012, 03:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

depends on your budget i can send you a link to an iroc w/ 53K miles on it for $3800 here near me.. its outta my price range but you may have deeper pockets than I do.. and it looks prestine... let me know if your interested? i am in ny zip is 13618

Quick Reply: 91 Camaro Z28 value