What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 T/A real ws6 and convertible WIW ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 2002 T/A real ws6 and convertible WIW ?

Howdy,

Havent posted here in a long time and had to create a new login. Im not a scammer

Im finally at the point I should sell the Trans AM.

it has 84000 miles on it, Im the third owner but the previous was my uncle and he bought if from another old guy. Im halfway old

Black leather interior, black rag top and has the fancy monsoon stereo. It is an automatic transmission. Its bright Red exterior and is a real WS6. Still has factory everything but I did add an SLP air box lid, and an SLP strut brace. Factory wheels. Factory exhaust. Brake pads and rotors were upgraded but are just brembo, nothing slotted or funky like that

The hood has a couple of small spots where the clear coat is bubbling, and the door panels have that familiar crack in the plastic. Tires are about 60%

Curious what you guys think a fair asking price might be when I put up the ads.

Thanks for your input.
Robb
Old 03-08-2012, 04:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Mostly stock, with 'older' owners are good selling points for cars like ours. The mileage isn't outstanding by any stretch but it isn't at the psychologically negative 6 figure mark either. Is the top OK or in need of anything? If the Carfax is clean and the car has no needs, then I would ask $12,000 and see if you get some bites. This is perfect timing to sell with convertible season approaching across the nation (maybe not in Phoenix though ). If no activity at $12,000 within 7 - 10 days, lower it a little to $11,500, etc... No reason to have to go much lower as www.kbb.com will show 'private party' pricing in this neighborhood. That's what buyers look at for confirmation. If the car has some issues that you haven't mentioned then of course the price could be lower. GLWS!!
Old 03-08-2012, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

The top needs to be cleaned a little more, but it doesnt leak, and it goes up and down just fine. I was going to clean it up good myself and then take it to a detailer.

I was looking around on the interweb here and I didnt realize that they only made 218 cars like mine. Thats pretty cool.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Sounds good. Again, good luck!
Yes, the convertible production numbers are very low. In time, as the years pass, the low mileage verts will be on the collector car 'watch' list.