What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Realistically how much? ... '02 SS 500rwhp/500rwt

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 11:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Realistically how much? ... '02 SS 500rwhp/500rwt

I am thinking about going another route with my "toys" which would not include my SS. If I decide to change directions, what do you think it is realistically worth?

It is the SS in my signature and you can view all of the mods listed in my "Garage" as well as see multiple photos.

What is not mentioned is that it is a 2-owner car. I bought it from the original owner in January 2011 and have put about 800 miles on it and it currently shows about 82,000. It has a clean CarFax, has never been hit and has all of it's original paint.

If I decide to sell, it will come with everything associated with the car ... the stock re-built, 4.10, 10-bolt, all the wheels and tires (RT-S's, ZR1's and original 10-spokes), stock driveshaft, all of the stock suspension pieces and approximately $25,000 in receipts not including the price of the car.

Please do not ask me to quote any parts at this time, I do not plan to demod it yet, but, if you care to make an offer for the car, please feel free to pm me.
Old 09-20-2012, 11:49 AM
11 Second Club

You can probably get 16-17k for it.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00MaroonZ28
You can probably get 16-17k for it.
Pretty close to what I was thinking ... your number doesn't put a smile on my face, but, then again, it doesn't make me cry either.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:20 PM
11 Second Club

You never get what you put in.
Old 09-21-2012, 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00MaroonZ28
You never get what you put in.
Oh, I realize that!
Old 09-21-2012, 08:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

You would be extremely fortunate to get that kind of money. The mods just aren't bringing the $$ right now. Your thinking is absolutely correct for pre-2008 pricing but very few are shelling out even 10% extra for the money you have invested. You can always ask about $2,500 (10% of your $25,000) over regular pricing if you want to give it a whirl. Just don't expect it. I hope you can but you said want real world pricing, not what the car is worth. Your car is probably worth every penny of $20,000 but no one will pay you that or even close. Your buyer's market is very limited, and generally to those with the smallest amount of cash. Loans on a 10 year old modded car with 82,000 miles?? I sure would not advise anyone to do that. I'll give you the link to KBB in my zip code that shows what others will be looking at. Your zip code in GA should be about the same amount. I did check off the SS box too. $10,600 is top 'private party' pricing and even if you added on another $2,500 that is still in th $13,000 neighborhood. That would be a stretch from what I have seen here over the years. You might get it. No harm in trying. Best of luck! Here is the link: http://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/camaro/...&mileage=82000
Old 09-21-2012, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NC01TA
You would be extremely fortunate to get that kind of money. The mods just aren't bringing the $$ right now. Your thinking is absolutely correct for pre-2008 pricing but very few are shelling out even 10% extra for the money you have invested. You can always ask about $2,500 (10% of your $25,000) over regular pricing if you want to give it a whirl. Just don't expect it. I hope you can but you said want real world pricing, not what the car is worth. Your car is probably worth every penny of $20,000 but no one will pay you that or even close. Your buyer's market is very limited, and generally to those with the smallest amount of cash. Loans on a 10 year old modded car with 82,000 miles?? I sure would not advise anyone to do that. I'll give you the link to KBB in my zip code that shows what others will be looking at. Your zip code in GA should be about the same amount. I did check off the SS box too. $10,600 is top 'private party' pricing and even if you added on another $2,500 that is still in th $13,000 neighborhood. That would be a stretch from what I have seen here over the years. You might get it. No harm in trying. Best of luck! Here is the link: http://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/camaro/...&mileage=82000
I figured I would hear from you. First of all, I am not asking anywhere near the $25k that is invested in this car for the car or the modifications. Secondly, since when do modications bring 10%, especially a professionally built crate motor? You are a little light with your modification percentage. I know what I would need to have to part with it and it is way not $13,000, but on the other hand, it is not as high as $20,000 either.

As far as the worth of the car in stock form, you are preaching to the choir. I realize what those numbers are.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:24 AM
TECH Resident

Part her out and sell it for 10k get what you want .. Other then that your looking at 14k tops ! If you don't like it don't sell it and don't post it in the WHAT'S IT WORTH SECTION.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I on the other hand, appreciate what you have done to the car.its a beauty!
(mine has been for sale for a few months now,so what do i know)

good luck!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by heymoej
I on the other hand, appreciate what you have done to the car.its a beauty!
(mine has been for sale for a few months now,so what do i know)

good luck!
Thanks, I appreciate it. I was hoping to get close to what I have in it if I decide to sell, but the wife doesn't want me to. By the way, the $25k in receipts is not what I have in it! I posted this just to see what the current 4th gen modded market is these days realizing that this is a forum and I value everyone's opinion. I may not agree with everyone, but I respect all opinions. Some are right, some are wrong, some are indifferent. I don't, however, value those opinions from members who act like asses ... THOSE I just ignore and consider the source.

By the way, good luck on your sale and yours is a beauty as well!
Old 09-21-2012, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

I'm just trying to help from what I've gleaned in this section over the years plus my own experiences. I wish I was wrong about the mods but there have been those on here with half your mileage, even more mods, and just as nice condition unable to get $15,000. I'm afraid you might be in the same boat. I'm just sharing and I hope you get what you want for it.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:54 AM
TECH Resident

I'm just trying to help from what I've gleaned in this section over the years plus my own experiences. I wish I was wrong about the mods but there have been those on here with half your mileage, even more mods, and just as nice condition unable to get $15,000. I'm afraid you might be in the same boat. I'm just sharing and I hope you get what you want for it.
Yeah he called some people asses for giving their opinions on the car..
I guess it's super hard for people to understand that it is a tough market, people want something reliable, something they can afford , and it seems they want a car at a steal price:/ it sucks but it's the truth .. Also op the car is nice but the miles are just to high for my liking ..
Old 09-22-2012, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

That post was not directed toward you ... you and I have posted in many of the same threads in the past, sometimes agreeing and sometimes not, but that is what forums are all about. It is the same no matter what the topic of the forum. You gave your opinion and I value that so don't think your post was the one that I didn't appreciate. All of your postings have been respectful and cordial as I recall.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

i would think around 15ish for it. i paid 20k for mine car had 32k on body and 6k on the 408 build...it also came with every stock part that came off the car including the engine
Old 09-22-2012, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My buddy bought a clean '98 SS at a local dealership with a TSP 408 stroker making just over 500rwhp, full suspension, C5 brakes, and 60k miles for $12k last year and the car sat there a while before he bought it. Just to give you an idea.

Quick Reply: Realistically how much? ... '02 SS 500rwhp/500rwt