What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

looking to buy a GTO

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default looking to buy a GTO

Hi peoples I'm a newbie here and I'm in the market for a 2004-06 GTO.'m wanting a BONE STOCK car with auto in a black silver or blue neutral type color.I prefer the car to be under 100k miles.What should I expect in prices.Also what should I look for in usuall problems these cars have.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Launching!

For starters the 04's are the cheapest not only because they are older but because it has the 5.7 instead of the 6.0.
From what I have seen a decent mileage one 40's-50's will run you between 11k to 16K. 04's being closer to 11k and 05-06 being 15-16k plus.
Issues I have seen are the seat stitching tends to give way on the seats.

04 had some electrical gremlins. I think door unlock buttons were not in the 04 models and a lot of them have been beat to ****, expected, for at the time was the lowest priced 400hp car you could buy in the world when it came out.

A lot of GTO owners have moved on to the G8 GT's driving the GTO price down more and more.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:59 PM
On The Tree

Thanks I need a daily driver and I'm generally not a slow driver.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:26 PM
Launching!

I have a cts-v and thought about doing the same to keep miles down on it. Personally I think it is an excellent choice for a daily driver. I have also been keeping an eye out for an affordable GTO.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

found a car local at a used car lot.Did a carfax and found nothing wrong.Did note that the rear seat stitching is open a little also found it strange NOT to have the coil covers on and some surface rust on the stut brace.Also very slight rust under the front of the hood right in the lip.Is this common?Tires worn and the battery was dead from the cold so I didnt get to hear it run.He didnt seem so enthused to sell it so I'm gonna low ball him when he starts it up if I find no issues.Some scratches on the glove box door too.mmm.Other than that a clean car.He's asking $9500 with 93,000 miles and its an A4.I'll try for $8000.anything else I should note?Also is there a way to fix the rear seat stitching problem?

Quick Reply: looking to buy a GTO