What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 A4 Formula 85k miles?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 04:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 A4 Formula 85k miles?

Only mods are magnaflow cat back and lid. C5 wheels. Original black paint in good shape. How much should I be asking?
Old 07-06-2013, 06:39 PM
TECH Resident

Over 50 views and no one has any input...?
Old 07-07-2013, 07:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

You have no input because you have very little info on the car. We are always asking for DETAILs or otherwise we would just be throwing out meaningless numbers. That does you no good whatsoever, possibly giving you false hopes or maybe even a number too low.
Besides the paint, what condition is the car in? How's the interior? (seats, carpet, dash, etc...). Any exterior issues, like dings, scratches or dents? What does the car need? Tires, brakes OK? Any maintenance history? How many owners? Clean Carfax wth clean title? Garage kept or out in that brutal FL sun??
This is the just the beginning. No, you don't have to answer every question but at least half of them. This car could range from $6,000 for a 3 owner average condition car with some issues (or even much less for a bad title), all the way to $8,500+ for a one-owner highway miles car with full records and no needs. Which Formula do you own?
Old 07-07-2013, 09:41 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NC01TA
You have no input because you have very little info on the car. We are always asking for DETAILs or otherwise we would just be throwing out meaningless numbers. That does you no good whatsoever, possibly giving you false hopes or maybe even a number too low.
Besides the paint, what condition is the car in? How's the interior? (seats, carpet, dash, etc...). Any exterior issues, like dings, scratches or dents? What does the car need? Tires, brakes OK? Any maintenance history? How many owners? Clean Carfax wth clean title? Garage kept or out in that brutal FL sun??
This is the just the beginning. No, you don't have to answer every question but at least half of them. This car could range from $6,000 for a 3 owner average condition car with some issues (or even much less for a bad title), all the way to $8,500+ for a one-owner highway miles car with full records and no needs. Which Formula do you own?
Interior is in good shape. The dash is cracked and the drivers seat has a small tear at the bottom that you can't see unless you get down to look at it. Besides that, interior is solid. She has small scratches and dents typical of most cars this age. I am the third owner and bought it with 67k miles. I know a lot of people say this when it's not true but it really has been almost all highway miles since I've had it. All maintenance is always done regularly and I've kept on top of it. Tires and breaks are great. I know it was garage kept before I got it a year ago, but I don't have one to put it in so it has been out in the sun. I wash it at least once a week usually more. It's a great looking car, I'll add pics later on today. It had a minor low speed accident, door needed to be replaced, nothing major at all so nothing bad on the title. Motor and drivetrain are good, no issues, car runs flawlessly. I think that about covers everything you mentioned. Thanks. I'd say I'm somewhere between the 6k car and the 8.5k+ car. I was thinking somewhere around $7500obo is a good asking price? Let me know what you think. Thanks.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:18 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

Thank you very much! I think you are certainly within reason asking that $7,500. I was thinking $7,000 OBO with a final selling price totally up to you, somewhere in the '6's' probably. We are very close. GLWS!!

Quick Reply: 1999 A4 Formula 85k miles?