What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What is my 800-1000 wheel HP TT Trans am worth?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default What is my 800-1000 wheel HP TT Trans am worth?

I posted a thread looking to trade, it would have to be something that REALLY catches my eye as i love this car... people have been asking me a cash price and i don't really have an answer for them... i will copy/paste my ad here and you tell me what its worth! thanks

here is the basic run down:

2000 Trans Am

Engine-
Forged motor built by Jason @ J&J Speed shop
6.0 Iron GenIII block
Mahle forged and coated pistons
Callies Compstar rods
Stock polished crank
Calico coated bearings
ARP 2000 rod bolts
ARP head studs
ARP cam bolts
Ls9 headgaskets
Rollmaster timing chain
Melling oil pump
Powerbond 10% udp
Speed inc TU1 camshaft
BTR dual springs/ti retainers
317 cyl heads
Ls6 intake with ported TB
Kurt Urban Performance steam vent system
Griffin radiator tucked under the front support

Drivetrain-
T56 trans built by Jason @ J&J speed shop
Spec stg 3 clutch (newer version)
Moser 9" rear end with 3.25 gears
denny's chromoly driveshaft
pro 5.0 shifter with lou's short stick

Fuel system-
Lonnies double pumper in tank setup
-8 feed and -6 return lines with a/n fittings
Aeromotive fuel rails
fuel lab boost ref FPR w/gauge
80lb injectors

Turbo kit-
one-off custom stainless twin kit by Joe @ Straightline performance
V-bands used throughout, everything is vibrant or treadstone
Precision 6262 billet/ported shroud V-banded turbos
V banded truck manifolds
Tial MVS-R wastegates
Tial-Q bov
treadstone twin intercooler with aluminum charge piping and vibrant couplers
Turbosmart "E-Boost2" electronic boost controller

Interior-
Autometer ES series Boost gauge
Autometer ES series electronic fuel pressure gauge
Innovate wideband with DB gauge
Frost LED shift light
Eboost 2 boost controller
Corbeau TRS leather seats
Trunk spare tire well mounted Summit battery relocation

Exterior-
Fikse FM10 wheels (17x9 front, 17x11 rear) with Nitto tires
Racestar drag wheels (fronts are still in the box, rears have been on once and have Hoosier 27" slicks)
"blackbird" hood stripes
"CETA" rear valance mod

Suspension-
QA1 adjustable coilovers on the front
Qa1 adj shocks on rear
Qa1 springs front and rear
BMR chromoly K member
BMR LCA's
BMR tq arm
BMR subframe connectors
BMR tunnel brace/DS loop

Some need to knows-
Car has no HVAC in place. This is a summer car/nice weather car, i have never missed it. I also removed the rear seats. Nothing about this is "hacked". Through this strategic weight removal this car is in the 3300lb weight range which is impressive for a twin turbo/iron block street car. There is a scratch along the lower passenger door that one would not really notice without looking for it. There is also a little thinning clear coat on the passenger rear fender, again something one would not notice unless I pointed it out. Just mentioning these things so there are no "surprises".

This past weekend the car made 716 rwhp/ 781 tq on a mustang dyno and 803/790 on a dynojet on about 12psi of boost, 93 pump gas and 13-14* of timing. It was very fat down low and then leaned out up top quickly so i let out around 54-5500. I will probably be having the tune finalized this weekend and up the boost to about 15psi.. On the 9psi wastegate the car makes over 600 wheel on the Mustang Dyno.... It is very fast.

dyno day 7-13-13

What I am interested in:

C6 Z06
Built to the hilt, C6, C5 Z06 or C5
Built to the hilt 03-04 Cobra
Clean 67-69 LSX Camaro
MkIV Supra
LS powered RX7 FD
Extremely clean and well built turbo LS swapped Mustang

What I'm not interested in:
incomplete projects
stock F bodys

Please don't waste my time with junk, trucks, bikes, quads etc, im not trying to be a dick but I am obviously not trading this for a '98 Camaro with 100k miles on it This is more of a testing the waters type thing, I really do love this car and I have spared no expense or detail putting it together. Something would really have to catch my eye to send this on it's way.

Here are some pictures, i don't have any "good" ones per say, these were taken with an iPhone, but you get the idea lol

Old 07-17-2013, 06:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

What a long descriptive post, and very well done. I'm not sure many here can assist with this though. This car will appeal to very few, and those few probably don't have the resources to pay what the car is worth.
If it was my car, and understanding the current pricing factors, I would ask a price guide book value PLUS 25% of all the modifications cost. I would try anyway even if unsuccessful. Example: If you have $30,000 in mods (I'm just throwing a number out there) I would add 25% ($7,500) on top of, let's say $8,000 for the car itself. An asking price of $15,500 would be a start. Of course figure out your true costs but this was just an example. I'm sure you get the idea, and I wish you the best of luck.
I hope I have helped a bit but a 1000 HP car is not in my area of expertise. If my thinking is way off, I apologize.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, thats a kick right to the *****. Thanks for your input though.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car shouldnt move for less than 35-40k imo...the amoubt of time, energy, love, dedication to do it right is not something to just fkn sneeze at, and it was done right by the looks of things..but i have only dreamed of a 1k tt street car...
Old 08-28-2013, 12:11 AM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black FormulaLs1
That car shouldnt move for less than 35-40k imo...the amoubt of time, energy, love, dedication to do it right is not something to just fkn sneeze at, and it was done right by the looks of things..but i have only dreamed of a 1k tt street car...
I have no idea what to ask for this car. It is a Beautiful car that looks to be well put together, but (there's always a but, isn't there) for $35-40k is a bit much. I understand that he's got quite a bit of money into it, but when modding, you're lucky if you get a quarter on your dollar of mods back. Trust me, I know about losing your butt on a modded car.

No disrespect meant to the OP, but for a bit more money, you can get an early year relatively low mile C6 Z06. While it doesn't have the power of yours, it's a better all around car (gets better mileage, handles better, has better resale down the road, etc.).

As beautiful as this car is, it'll take a special buyer for it. If you don't need to sell it, then put it out there at your price and if someone buys it, then you'll be onto your next project. If someone doesn't buy it, then you've got one Gorgeous car to enjoy.

Here's an example: 2006 Built Z06.............

Just my .02 and you get what you pay for.

Bump for you too and Good Luck!

Last edited by FreddyG; 08-28-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Any number will be a kick in the sack for what you have in it. I dont see it selling for anything above 25-30 tops. You do have my interestes peaked though as I could have just what your looking for lol. I just dont think i can risk it again since buying the cobra built bit me in the **** and I just put an entirely new engine in and rebuilt the trans.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is one nice looking beast of a car. Wow.

As others have indicated, there is going to be a very small pool of potential buyers unless you sell it for a lot less than you would probably want to. You have a HEAVILY modified car that not too many people are willing to take a risk with. That kind of power coupled with the other mods comes with a measure of diminished "reliability" that will make many people hesitant.

If that were my car, I would ask $25,000. If someone bought it, great. If not, I would keep it and enjoy the heck out of all the work and money I put into it. As I said in another post, I don't know how some of ya'll can build a car like this and then sell it. I just don't think I could let something like this go after making it into everything I wanted and then some.

The only other option you have if you are dead set on getting rid of it would be to start peeling off some of parts and selling them separately....provided you have stock (or comparable) parts to put back on it. In my opinion, you would probably recover more of your investment this way. The powertrain alone would bring a pretty penny.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do....and, again, beautiful build !!!

Quick Reply: What is my 800-1000 wheel HP TT Trans am worth?