What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Need help with buying a 98 Formula.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 08:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with buying a 98 Formula.

Here is the car http://www.commutercars.net/3414/199...ans-Am-Formula ... I know there asking ALOT but I have a truck that had severe front end damage that i'm gonna try and finally get off my hands for a straight up trade. The car has 176k miles. Has new LT, Ypipe and SLP Catback. New Lid etc... The clutch is on its way out though =[.. Car runs good but it is hard to pull out of first at 6k rpm when making WOT pulls. A/c is cold.. but steering feels not as good as my 2000 SS with 120k miles.. and the clutch won't engage until the clutch is over halfway to the floor.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

My opinion is too many miles for that price. It does have some nice add ons but I would keep looking for something with lower miles. Does the car have to be a TA? You can get into a Camaro for less money.
Old 07-24-2013, 07:19 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

too many miles , i bought my hardtop two years ago for 8000 or 8500 with under 50k . Offer 4500 for the car. A cluch , flywheel and master and slave will be 600 bucks mininum . Possible trans rebuild but i suspect clutch issues and it needs front end parts.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

I'm sorry If you haven't read it, I have a truck that was in a bad accident that should have totaled the truck. I have gone to multiple dealers trying to trade it in and all they valued my truck at was 3-4k.. because of it. The truck hit a utility pole and deployed the airbags. It would be a straight up trade.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:59 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are going to do a straight up trade but it really will not be a straight up trade because it is going to immediately cost you to get that clutch fixed, plus anything else it needs. I will admit that it appears to be pretty clean for the mileage but if it has been abused or not properly maintained you will likely be putting more into it than it will ever be worth.

Quick Reply: Need help with buying a 98 Formula.