What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

opinions on value for my 98 T/A

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default opinions on value for my 98 T/A

I purchased this car from a friend a few months ago to help him out since his wife was 9 months pregnant and he needed the cash to get a reliable daily to haul the kid around and I always liked the car.

anyway

98 trans am 101,xxx miles

stock LS1 short block

LS6 cam and springs installed with LS7 lifters and ported 5.3 heads with LS1 valves at 95k miles

recently installed LS6 manifold with correct coolant rear block offs and front cross over line

all emissions equipment deleted and tuned on E85 with GTP 42 lbhr injectors

factory exhaust manifolds and y pipe with converters deleted and a borla catback with QTP cutour

I recently replaced the T-56 with a remanufactered unit with approx 2k miles on it, the car has a textarila 6 puck with probably 30-40k miles of street driving but was in good visual condition when I replaced the transmission.

3.42 axle from 98 SS camaro with approx 25k miles on it.

The exterior is 8.5/10 and interior is 9/10 absolutely everything on the car works great

I have also replaced all the brakes, power steering lines and gone through the car with a fine toothed comb it's in absolutely pristine mechanical condition (I'm an ASE master tech and chevy master tech) and I'm going to have the paint professionally buffed and waxed.

pics

http://s219.photobucket.com/user/Pon...06775855422794

I have the OEM 16s plus the 18" c6 z06 wheels, along with the original heads, LS1 intake, front cover, BMR frame connectors and spare radio and 12 disc changer, spare set of T-tops.

Anyway this is serriously the nicest LS1 trans am I've seen in years and it does pain me to sell it, but it needs to find a new home if I'm going to finish my 91 Z28 that has been a long time project. I was thinking about asking 9500 for the car with both sets of wheels and all the additional parts. thoughts???
Old 08-14-2013, 08:50 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$9500 is about $2500 higher than book value. The modifications will limit your buying market and typically add little value to the car. Then you have to consider what you are selling against: right now there are plenty of sub-100k mile LS1 cars on the market with asking prices at or lower than $9500.
Old 08-14-2013, 08:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

I really like the looks of your T/A with that color, and the wheels too. You sure you don't want to keep it after all that work??
Asking $9,500 isn't outrageous at all considering that you are a certified mechanic and feel comfortable with everything. Still, I think a buyer will be found closer to $8,000 after all is said and done. GLWS!!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
I really like the looks of your T/A with that color, and the wheels too. You sure you don't want to keep it after all that work??
Asking $9,500 isn't outrageous at all considering that you are a certified mechanic and feel comfortable with everything. Still, I think a buyer will be found closer to $8,000 after all is said and done. GLWS!!
I'm torn between selling it and keeping it. I really do like the car, but given my current living situation I can only have 1 hobby car and have to store the others ones at a property I own 3 hours away. Book value for the car in mint factory condition is about 7500 bucks given my zip code. I would be willing to sell it for close to that price with the factory wheels and no extras. I don't expect to get the full 9500, but I figured I would start around that price and see what I could get for the total package to avoid the extra work of parting everything.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

I agree with ya. All you can do is try. As I said before, for that money, it might be worth keeping it in lieu of the '91. Totally up to you with such a personal decision.

Quick Reply: opinions on value for my 98 T/A