What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

how much should i pay for 99 TA

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 05:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how much should i pay for 99 TA

Hey guys im thinking about buying a 1999 Pontiac Trans Am it has 90k on it in mint condition guy is asking 7500$ what would u pay for it thanks
T-Tops 6 SPEED MANUAL Leather Interior only mod is a Dual Exhaust
Spoiler The AC does not work looks like it has been Garaged Kept And has 90k Miles on it
Old 11-25-2013, 06:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Never have seen a 90,000 miles car in 'mint' condition unless it had a frame off restoration. Make sure you see this T/A in the proper condition it is really in. First off, the a/c not working is a bad sign. A/C repairs can be very expensive, and even if you don't need the a/c, selling the car will be tougher when that time arises. Don't blow it off as 'no big deal'. What else does the T/A need? Tires OK? If not, $600 additional needs to be factored in. Brakes? Clutch? Tranny? Exterior and interior truly excellent? How bad are the door panel cracks? Seat, carpet wear?
How does the Carfax look? How many owners? Any issues there?
The reason I am asking all these questions is to make sure you are not overpaying. I would ask the same questions to a brother or best friend so they won't overpay. $7,500 would be fine for an excellent condition one or two owner car with no a/c problems and no issues with anything else I outlined above. If the car truly needs nothing, and I mean nothing, then ask to have an a/c estimate for repairs. If it's a minor $500 job, go ahead and pay $7,000 if the car is truly excellent. Tax, tag, title, etc will put you in the driver's seat for under $8,000. If the car needs things, from tires to clutch issues, to a $1,500 a/c repair, then lower the price from there. If he doesn't budge in negotiations, move on. Let him look at the car in his garage for the next few months until he realizes the price is too high. The holiday season is here and works in your favor, not the seller. Make it work for you. Good luck!!

Quick Reply: how much should i pay for 99 TA