What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

02 Z28 M6 43K w/ rebuilt title $?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02 Z28 M6 43K w/ rebuilt title $?

I am thinking about selling my 02 Z28 w/ rebuilt title. Carfax said it was hit in left door. The car is a very clean w/ 43k miles, and I would drive it anywhere.

Stock except: Strano's, Bilsteins, SLP lid, DD ZR1's, new LS6 clutch, aftermarket stereo.

Thoughts??? Opinions?

Old 12-16-2013, 09:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

Sweet looking Chevys!! I have a feeling the damage was more extensive than just the door, and most buyers will look at it the same way. Such a stigma comes with cars with bad titles, but that's the way it is. Most, not all, bad title cars sell for roughly 50% of retail book values. I'm not going to get in another long explanation, like too many times before, where the sellers of these type cars start whining. I've been around far too long for that nonsense. Denial is a strange thing.
Since your car appears to be repaired well, and with the low miles, I would hope for $7,000 on a real good day but settle for $6,000. Of course ask whatever you want, because you never know if you will find the atypical buyer that doesn't care or isn't looking down the road to the time he needs to sell the car. In other words, a novice. Just remember the buyer's market will be extremely thin for a bad title car. Many lookers would never buy one and just prefer a car with no 'issues'. To be honest, I'm the same way. I would pass right over the ad. That's the 'norm'. GLWS!!
Old 12-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Sweet looking Chevys!! I have a feeling the damage was more extensive than just the door, and most buyers will look at it the same way. Such a stigma comes with cars with bad titles, but that's the way it is. Most, not all, bad title cars sell for roughly 50% of retail book values. I'm not going to get in another long explanation, like too many times before, where the sellers of these type cars start whining. I've been around far too long for that nonsense. Denial is a strange thing.
Since your car appears to be repaired well, and with the low miles, I would hope for $7,000 on a real good day but settle for $6,000. Of course ask whatever you want, because you never know if you will find the atypical buyer that doesn't care or isn't looking down the road to the time he needs to sell the car. In other words, a novice. Just remember the buyer's market will be extremely thin for a bad title car. Many lookers would never buy one and just prefer a car with no 'issues'. To be honest, I'm the same way. I would pass right over the ad. That's the 'norm'. GLWS!!
QFT for sure.

I will see what I can get. I may start at 9K considering the prices I see for clean title 02's with similar mileage and condition.

Thanks,
Cowpunk

Quick Reply: 02 Z28 M6 43K w/ rebuilt title $?