What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

99 trans am what's it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99 trans am what's it worth?

1999 Trans Am WS6. Medium metallic blue. Rare color. Body immaculate, 73,XXX miles. T-tops that DO NOT LEAK, gray leather interior - NO rips. 5.7 LS1 with LS6 heads (243's) and cam, long tube headers, FAST intake, 92mm billet TB, 36lb injectors, custom MagnaFlow exhaust. 12 bolt Moser rear with 4.10 gear, Tremac t56 6 speed. Newly installed TICK clutch master cylinder which is the BEST MOD EVER for manual 4th gen f-bodies. Any, gear, any, RPM, any TIME. Shifts smooth as butter. 400+ RWHP (with dyno sheets). Z06 rims, Custom Mecham functional Ram Air hood.what would be a good price to pay for it car only has clear coat peeling on bumper only paint perfection
Old 12-26-2013, 09:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Very hard to picture an immaculate 14 year old 73,000 miles modded car. Would love to know how the owner did this.
I suggest bringing an impartial friend the next time you see the car. OK, once the rose colored glasses are removed we also need to know about the car's past. How many owners? Is the title clear? Any paperwork documenting all the mods or was it a backyard operation? What does the car need right now as far as repairs or maintenance? Any need for tires? Certainly a consideration when negotiating. They are expensive.
Any signs of heavy track use or abuse by the current owner or any of the past owners? If everything checks out OK, and all the fears alleviated from the questions I posted above, I think you would be safe paying in the $9,000 neighborhood. Remember that most buyers do not pay extra for mods, or just a little extra if they absolutely love the modifications. So much depends on the unknowns previously discussed. If a well known shop did all the work, and did it right, that would help immensely and certainly affect the price as long as the car wasn't driven 1/4 mile at a time for the past few years. What's the seller asking??
Old 12-26-2013, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

Seems like you have a very nice car. Post some pictures up.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

hey man sorry i just saw this now i ended up buying a white 1999 camaro ss with a heads and cam already done with 80k for 7800 the car has been garaged kept its whole life in reallly good condition
Originally Posted by NC01TA
Very hard to picture an immaculate 14 year old 73,000 miles modded car. Would love to know how the owner did this.
I suggest bringing an impartial friend the next time you see the car. OK, once the rose colored glasses are removed we also need to know about the car's past. How many owners? Is the title clear? Any paperwork documenting all the mods or was it a backyard operation? What does the car need right now as far as repairs or maintenance? Any need for tires? Certainly a consideration when negotiating. They are expensive.
Any signs of heavy track use or abuse by the current owner or any of the past owners? If everything checks out OK, and all the fears alleviated from the questions I posted above, I think you would be safe paying in the $9,000 neighborhood. Remember that most buyers do not pay extra for mods, or just a little extra if they absolutely love the modifications. So much depends on the unknowns previously discussed. If a well known shop did all the work, and did it right, that would help immensely and certainly affect the price as long as the car wasn't driven 1/4 mile at a time for the past few years. What's the seller asking??
Old 01-22-2014, 08:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Glad you found something nice. Enjoy it!

Quick Reply: 99 trans am what's it worth?