What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What is this worth?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is this worth?

Hello. This being my first post, I hope it's in the right forum. If not I apologize, I tried searching and couldn't find exactly where to post it.

Anyways, this is a basic "what is it worth" thread. I'm not exactly sure what to offer for this. It's a nice looking, clean, stock ls1 fbody, but as the ad says it has a prior salvage title from water damage.

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/cto/4366185092.html

I'd appreciate any and all estimates on what it's worth picking it up for. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2014, 04:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

Don't even think about it unless you want to purchase a 'money pit'.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Don't even think about it unless you want to purchase a 'money pit'.
Any reasoning behind that? I do think the water damage could potentially cause problems depending on the extent of it -- but since it was salvaged in '01 and has had over 120k miles put on it by now, could there still be underlying problems that could show up? I'd imagine that any problems would have been apparent already by now.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is no reason in the world you should be considering a flood title car when there are plenty of clean title cars with similar miles available for that much. Walk away from that one and don't think twice about it.

Quick Reply: What is this worth?