What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

00 ss m6 black/black hardtop

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 00 ss m6 black/black hardtop

Hey guys I'm looking to get back into a camaro and have been striking out with prices being higher than NADA values. I found a 00 m6 ss hardtop with 54500 miles on consignment at a dealer about 40 miles away.

I went and looked at it today and as far as I can tell the car is in great shape, completely stock, runs and drives great. I found 2 scratches it does have an inviso-bra thing on it, I believe it is a one owner car not sure tho.

He has it on consignment for 12,900, NADA is just under 9500. I got him down to 11,500 but he wouldn't go any lower. What are your thoughts on 11,500? is that a good price for it. I'm financing when I find one and I don't think I can go more than 500-1000 over NADA. (thats what my bank uses)

I seem to be running into this problem with most of the f bodies I've been looking at, over the last few weeks and not that many are near their NADA value. I had a 00 z28 m6 I bought back in 07 that had 90000 miles and paid 12 for it, that was 7 years ago.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 PM
Teching In

I've never liked the bras as they can be put on to hide something and or wear on the paint. what area are you in? That would help with pricing. price is all about what you want, some guys here might say 10' but if I find something I want I pay for it.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:44 PM
Teching In

i'm in MT, It's either a clear or painted black bra, really thin.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

I dislike bras too. Hopefully it can be removed without any paintwork being required.
I believe a Carfax is your next step. When you don't know anything about the history ("I think it's a one owner") it only hurts you. Lay out the $$ and get one. They aren't 100% accurate but certainly a helpful tool when laying out serious $$. What if it's a 3 owner with an accident history?? That sure would help me decide on a price.
Next thing is NADA pricing. I have found them to be on the low end of all F-body sales figures. You probably won't find one at NADA prices. If your bank insists on that, then you will need a few grand for a down payment. You are lucky to get a loan on a 14 year old car to start with.
I'll give you this scenario: The SS is in very good condition overall. the clutch is fine and the tranny shifts without issue. The engine is fine. The tires have some tread left and not too old (6 years is too old. Check the date code). Remember that quality tires will run you $800 for a set. Don't shrug it off as it is a serious negotiating tool. The SS is a one or two owner that was maintained properly with paperwork to back it up. If all this criteria is met I would go the $11,500 since it is at a dealership on consignment. A sweet 'stock' 54,000 miles non-abused 6 speed SS that needs nothing in the immediate future could be worth that money. However, and I mean this seriously, if there are Carfax issues, any needs, or any of the above criteria not met, then $11,500 is too much. A major problem is the consignment situation. You know the dealer wants at least $1,000 and that means the owner gets less. He won't go much lower than $10k in his pocket.
Best of luck!!

Quick Reply: 00 ss m6 black/black hardtop