What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

02 ws6 42k

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 ws6 42k

I passed on this car for 12.5k, but I still think about it.
02 ws6 42k, excellent condition, only issue was some minor clear coat peeling around the spoiler tailight.

Blue car, ghost flames on the hood, laundry list of mods, with a dyno sheet showing 381rwhp.

I didn't buy it bc it was an auto, and didn't have cats, but dam I wanted it.
Do y'all think it was a decent deal or no?
Old 04-22-2014, 08:13 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Normally no, not with ghost flames and mods. It is hard to find buyers that want a car like that. It is an extremely limited buyer's market, one that has little cash to lay out, never mind $12,500.
The unique situation here is that the seller has found someone (you) that loves what he has done to his car. Even then you said you don't want the auto. These matches don't happen every day. If you absolutely love the car and everything done to it, then hell yeah, get it! $12,500 would be an OK price but I would still negotiate.
Let's put it this way too. If you found another car for $11,000 or whatever, you certainly couldn't duplicate this ride for another $1,500. No way. It would be a win for you and for the seller. Just remember this, the car won't bring you $12,500 if it needs to be sold in 6 months. It works both ways. I think the current seller will be finding it a tough go to sell this car. He can be in denial all he wants but he will soon realize that the car is still sitting in his garage not sold. That means you can probably get it for less, especially with cash in hand in his driveway. It's up to you to try but don't settle. I'm still concerned about you not liking the auto. Will you tire of the car quick? Good luck!
Old 04-22-2014, 07:28 PM
Teching In

The ghost flames were very subtle, but still not my thing. Always been a m6 man, feels like your driving the car instead of riding in it.
I was top bid at the auction(wholesale) for 10.5k, his bottom was 12.5, so I had to pass, just knowing that I would have a hella time selling if I ever decided to.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:46 PM
Launching!

Blue flames, an auto when you want an M6, motor that has been modded and pushed hard already...you did the right thing passing.

Quick Reply: 02 ws6 42k