What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Trans Am WS6

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 09:46 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2000 Trans Am WS6

I have a 2000 Trans Am WS6, kind of curious what it may be worth.

It is basically stock, it has an SLP lid that is color matched to the car, a 6" stalk on the stock Hurst short throw. It also has custom Corvette valve covers, made to fit and color match the car with Trans Am Emblems on them.

I still have the original lid along with the original shifter stalk and t-top shades.

Here are the other specs:

8300 miles
LS1/6-Speed
T-tops
True WS6
Ebony Leather Interior
No traction control or disc changer
All original paint and interior, etc.

It has the original wheels and tires. Everything else is original from the floor mats to the t-tops. The master cylinder went bad from not being driven a whole lot and has since been replaced with an OEM replacment from a GM Dealership.

Inside and out the car is flawless.

The car came with all original paperwork, including the window sticker and build sheet.

Just curious what it's worth and if I got a good deal on it
Old 07-28-2014, 10:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Whatever you paid for your WS6 is what it was worth to both buyer and seller on that particular day.

$15K or under - great deal (did you check to be sure it wasn't stolen?).

$16K good to decent deal.

$17K fair deal from a dealer (they price these cars from $17K to $22K all the time).

I figure a 2002 WS6 with 8K miles and all the right documents and history is a $18K-$19K car. Obviously this wouldn't apply to SOM. But that's still a lot of cash for buyers to come up with. If you don't have the cash to get a better deal from a private seller your pretty much at the dealer's mercy since they can provide a loan. Subtract the value of 2 model years ($2K?)

My local dealer had a black 6 speed 2000 WS6 with 14K miles three years ago. It was mint and one elderly owner. Drove perfect. Orig tires. No door cracks. They were trying to get $16.5K or so for that car. I wanted to be in the $15's. We couldn't reach a deal. So what's that same car worth 3 years later? I don't think cars like this have depreciated all that much, in any in those 3 years. You just don't see any of these regardless of year priced at under $15K to $16K if they have under 10K miles. Recall that black 1999 WS6 from a month or two back on Ebay with 4K miles that reached about $18.8K (didn't meet reserve). Don't know if that was real money but it was certainly great money for a 1999. While the numbers I mention may be the norm (in my opinion), you can easily pay or less from any specific parties. Early bird gets the worm.

Last edited by Firebrian; 07-28-2014 at 08:37 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:09 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the input! I paid a little over your middle number there.

I bought from a friend that I have known for a long time, title is 100% clear, confirmed mileage and all, no door cracks, etc.

Personally, I didn't see any for under $20k while I was looking, that were true WS6's at least.

Knowing how the car was taken care of, always covered when not in use, always in a heated and covered environment, fluids changed regularly, always synthetic oils, never actually sat for long periods of time, etc.. this for me was worth the little over your bottom line price there. I think most would agree with me there.

I was just curious, to me the car was worth every penny, and that's really what matters.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Seems like a win-win for you and your friend. You got a pedigreed car with all the history known, and your friend probably got more money for it than had they taken it to a dealer. You can take 2 cars with identical miles, # of owners, and similar cosmetic condition. But over time they can diverge significantly because of how those miles were put on and the car stored. So those numbers I put up above can swing an easy $1K in either direction based on details. Sounds like you got the car with the "right stuff."

Last edited by Firebrian; 07-28-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Firebrian
Seems like a win-win for you and your friend. You got a pedigreed car with all the history known, and your friend probably got more money for it than had they taken it to a dealer. You can take 2 cars with identical miles, # of owners, and similar cosmetic condition. But over time they can diverge significantly because of how those miles were put on and the car stored. So those numbers I put up above can swing an easy $1K in either direction based on details. Sounds like got the car with the "right stuff."
I agree, It's going to stay under a cover, be driven a bit more and as long as I'm able, be kept forever.

Thanks for all your input!

Quick Reply: 2000 Trans Am WS6