Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Ever had a wheel narrowed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ever had a wheel narrowed?

Ok guys I kinda messed up. I bought a used set of HREs, they are off a 06 vet. The guy said they were 11" wide in the rear. Come to find out they are 19X9.5s up front and 20X12s in the rear. I have beat the **** out of my car with the BHM. I found a guy that said he will cut as much out of the wheels I want. I was thinking one inch. Its so bad they hit my stock LCAs. Has anyone ever had this done to there wheels? Im worried about the wheel distorting when he welds it up. Im looking for anyone who has had there wheels widened or narrowed. Also how much did they charge you? Im going today and doing BMRs LCAs And PHB. I hope I can adjust it so it wont be so bad.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:23 AM
TECH Regular

First and foremost I would call HRE. Those guys are extremely knowledgeable over there and could tell you one way or the other. They could also do it the right way and just re-hoop the wheels.

That being said, I have seen a Cobra that had narrowed stock wheels for front runners. Looked really cool, not sure how safe it is. I believe widening wheels is around $150/rim and I would imagine narrowing them is around the same price.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they're 3 piece wheels you could just get a new inner hoop that is 1" thinner
Old 10-14-2008, 04:43 PM
Teching In

I called about the inner hoop, they want WAY to much for just the inner hoop. I found some one inch spacers and now they fit, but how safe are these? They are the kind that you bolt to your factory lugs then the wheels bolt up to the spacer with its own set of lugs.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would think you'll be cool with the adapters as long as you're not trying to be a pro drag racer with them.