Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

tires dead? front end feels bad at 50+

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tires dead? front end feels bad at 50+

head/intake swap done on 408. Camaro has been out of service from bad mechanic and bad marriage for 5 yrs. I have Nitto 275 front Nitto 315 dr rear. I drove home 15 miles felt like front end was real sloppy from 30 on up. Do these tires have that much of an effect? They probably have 10k on them. I really would like to brake this motor in before I drop another grand in rubber. Plus, this is a heavy *** convertible with the stock rear. What would be the best tire in that situation? She hooks she breaks. Never goes to the track.Not driven that much. .
Old 06-16-2009, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably not tires unless they are just shot, you should be able to tell visually. May be bad steering rack, check to make sure the steering knuckle is in tight (right by your DS header), maybe tie rod ends too. Do you have a front sway bar?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never remember having any rack issues. But I did remind the shop doing the work to double check the knuckle. I will recheck the Hals to see if the settings somehow got opposite one another. Subframe connectors also had gotten put on. Guess I need to plumb and measure everything front to rear n side to side. If I eyeball the camber and toe. It looks pretty close.