Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Summit Stars on my Formula WS6

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Summit Stars on my Formula WS6

This weekend was really nice so I put my new wheels and tires on and took a couple pics. My camera is ancient and the car could have used a detail so I apologize in advance.

Fronts are 15x4 w/ 1.75 BS w/ M/T Sportmans 26x7.5
Rears are 15x8 w/ 5.5 BS w/ M/T ET Street Radials 275/50/15

Everything bolted up with no grinding whatsoever. The wheel and tire combo is heavy for a drag setup so if your looking to go the fastest you possibly can I would suggest Welds, Billet Specialties or Bogarts etc. and different tires as well. I bought these because I was more in for the look, wanted a strong wheel and tire that could stand up to street abuse and any decrease in weight over my stock wheels was a positive gain to me. As you can see I ditched the extremely ugly Summit caps for some Weld caps which do not stick out so far and look much nicer IMO. Overall I am very happy with them, the quality is great and they gave me the look I was after.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lookin good, I havent decided if Im gonna get those or hold out for the summit warrior r/t's that come out in dec.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by streetassasin
lookin good, I havent decided if Im gonna get those or hold out for the summit warrior r/t's that come out in dec.
They have been out for some time now. It was between those and the Stars for me but I went with the Stars since I knew how they look in the end. I'm anxious to see someone with those Warriors, should look very nice.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Weld caps look good. Maybe they should change the size of the center bore so you cannot interchange them!
Old 10-05-2009, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good looking wheels man.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:28 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
They have been out for some time now. It was between those and the Stars for me but I went with the Stars since I knew how they look in the end. I'm anxious to see someone with those Warriors, should look very nice.
check out the ship date

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-571-5461PS/#
Old 10-05-2009, 10:33 AM
11 Second Club

Ah that's weird. There was a guy on here that bought them for his GTO probaly a month or so ago.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:44 PM
12 Second Club

I was pissed lol, I had them in my cart and saw it when I went to check out
Old 10-05-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Regular

So the WELD caps work without any modification? Just insert them and bolt on?
Old 10-05-2009, 03:48 PM
11 Second Club

I was pissed lol, I had them in my cart and saw it when I went to check out
Haha I would be too!

Originally Posted by ybaslo1
So the WELD caps work without any modification? Just insert them and bolt on?
Yes sir.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's just the date they're expected to ship from Summit's warehouse. That's not the release date. They have been out for some time, they have just ran out of stock on them.

They look a lot better with Weld centercaps...who would've thought dressing a Summit product up in Weld clothes would make it look better.
Old 10-06-2009, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

looks great for a wheel people used to say wouldn't fit our cars.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

When you added Weld Racing caps makes the wheel look better? That is kind of a slap in the face to the people at Weld. Still can't hide the fact that they are cheap cast wheels from China. Can't fool everyone, even if your fooling yourself.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by wheelczar
When you added Weld Racing caps makes the wheel look better? That is kind of a slap in the face to the people at Weld. Still can't hide the fact that they are cheap cast wheels from China. Can't fool everyone, even if your fooling yourself.
I'm certainly not fooling myself and don't give two ***** what anybody thinks of my car so you got that part wrong too buddy. No, they do not make the actual wheel look better and I never said that, read my post. They just look alot nicer than the Summit caps. Ever look at how long and ugly the Summit caps are? I dislike the look without caps so sticking something else in there such as the Weld caps was for me the way to go. Anybody who knows what they are looking at can easily differentiate Summit/Jegs from Welds anyways. If I could figure out some kind of way to cut the Summit caps shorter and bend a tab in the end I would but I do not have the tools to do such a thing.

I'm sorry you are offended that I run Weld caps on my el cheapo Summit wheels. You also take offense when people put SS badges on Z28's and install WS6 and SS hoods on non WS6 and SS cars? Better things in life to bitch about.

Last edited by StealthFormula; 10-07-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Camaro396
That's just the date they're expected to ship from Summit's warehouse. That's not the release date. They have been out for some time, they have just ran out of stock on them.

They look a lot better with Weld centercaps...who would've thought dressing a Summit product up in Weld clothes would make it look better.
Hah do you want me to start quoting your old posts to show how you are a hypocrite? When I was looking in older threads on drag wheels all you kept saying was "you should replace those Summit or Jegs caps with some Welds to make it look better" or "my friend replaced his caps with some Welds and its much nicer".
Old 10-07-2009, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 196 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by wheelczar

Wtf does it matter? Do you feel better after posting that?

Looks great stealthformula!
Old 10-07-2009, 11:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Nice car op!!! Fast too!

About the center cap thing; You never plan to buy the wheels from Weld, so buying the centers from Weld is a profit for them. I dont see whats wrong here. Plus OP stated theyre heavier than Weld and an inferior product..
Old 10-07-2009, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

I never said that I took offense to the change in caps. My personal feeling is it looks 100 times better with the Weld caps on it. I just find it funny that since it is an exact copy of Weld Racing's Prostar that "some" people put Weld caps on them to make it look like the real thing. Maybe not you but there are guys trying to mimic the original products with copies. It is not limited to wheels. Why do you think Summit and Jegs had the wheel built? It is a price point purchase.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

thanks to you, I just bought the rear wheels LOL
Old 10-07-2009, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Did you run a spacer in the front? When i put my summit special drag light on i didn't need one but i put one on the front any way to bring the wheel out more flush

Quick Reply: Summit Stars on my Formula WS6