Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

A couple wheel & tire questions that I REALLY need help with

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 10:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A couple wheel & tire questions that I REALLY need help with

Will a 28"x10.5" tire on a 15" wheel fit on my car without any mods? The car is not lowered but will be in the future. Also I am about to purchase a new rear end and am really debating on getting it narrowed 3" each side. I know its not hard to get welds with the proper bs, but how hard is it to find street wheels with a 4.5 bs? I looked on OE's site and found nothing where I could change the bs of their wheels. I may just get a stock length rear end if its going to be a lot of trouble trying to find wheels with a different bs. Can you still fit a decent size tire on the car with a stock length rear end? The car is not a dd but does see the road a few times a week. I tried to do a search but couldnt find much and I am currently deployed so the internet is super slow. Any help/advise is GREATLY apperciated!!!!!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

really? I dont understand how when some people ask a question on here they will get like 20 or so answers and advise from people who are willing to help out. Seems like everytime I post a question on this site I get nothing. Its pretty damn aggrivating, expecially when I'm trying to buy parts and trying to make sure I get the right stuff by asking questions on here, but I get nothing. sorry my rant is over. Seriously though guys, any help/advise is greatly apperitiated and will help me A LOT purchase the right parts for my car.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:31 PM
11 Second Club

be patient.... i cant help you with your answer as i dont know much about rears. but try posting this thread under "Drag Racing" setion as well. maybe you can get an answer there. GL
Old 01-17-2010, 09:18 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by second_2_none
really? I dont understand how when some people ask a question on here they will get like 20 or so answers and advise from people who are willing to help out. Seems like everytime I post a question on this site I get nothing. Its pretty damn aggrivating, expecially when I'm trying to buy parts and trying to make sure I get the right stuff by asking questions on here, but I get nothing. sorry my rant is over. Seriously though guys, any help/advise is greatly apperitiated and will help me A LOT purchase the right parts for my car.
happens to me ALL the time.. i know how you feel.. sorry i can't help ya but. GL
Old 01-17-2010, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

Yes you can fit a 28x10.5 on the car, but I will say you'll probably need to roll the fenders and remove a few things on the inner fenderwell. Will they fit without mods.... doubt it.

On the narrowing question, yes you can get street wheels with 4.5"bs, but depends on the type of wheel you are wanting. If you have wads of cash, I bet you could have any wheel made that you can think up. Off the shelf stuff.... your gonna be limited to drag style wheels I believe, but you can find the "street" drag wheels and some at reasonable prices.

Yes you can fit decently big tires on the stock rearend length, just use the 7.5" backspacing and again roll the fenders and maybe use a BFH to message the inner fenderwells... and wha-la! It all depends on what size wheel and tire you want to use as to how much work it will take to fit.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool sounds good guys. I will probably just order a stock length rear end so I can use my current wheels and get some pro stars for track use. Thanks a lot guys for the help!!!!