Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Weld new RT/S in 17"

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:27 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Weld new RT/S in 17"

I'm so confused by some companys organization and customer relations methods.
I called Weld racing last week about their RT/S line that was suppose to be out in 17" by then. The lady that answers the phone says she doesn't know when their going to be out. She says call back next week. Then I ask her how much their going to run. She says, "she has no idea."

I called back like directed, hoping someone else would answer the phone. No such luck. Her response, I don't know call back next week.

To me that is a terrible way to run a business!

Ed
Old 04-28-2010, 03:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RTS 17 inch

Originally Posted by BRD-PREY
I'm so confused by some companys organization and customer relations methods.
I called Weld racing last week about their RT/S line that was suppose to be out in 17" by then. The lady that answers the phone says she doesn't know when their going to be out. She says call back next week. Then I ask her how much their going to run. She says, "she has no idea."

I called back like directed, hoping someone else would answer the phone. No such luck. Her response, I don't know call back next week.

To me that is a terrible way to run a business!

Ed
I called Weld as well. They said they are working very hard to get this offering finalized. They are working on pricing and should know more very soon. Sounds like they are working on it and do not have the information you are looking for right now. Sometimes these things take longer than they think to introduce. They also suggested that I check their web page, they would post it up there when they finish everything. I would say that it is not bad business, it is that they do not have it ready for you yet. Be patience. They will make plenty I'm sure.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:20 PM
TECH Regular

From what I understand- they are building the 15's in our sizes as fast as they can. I have been getting repular PM's asking fitment questions since I ordered mine, I bet Mr Jim has his hands full ordering these whelels just for this board alone.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess its me, I would have thought that before a company would go forward on production with a product they would have a target price point, especially if there as close as they are to having a finished product.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

I hope you can get them, would be very interested to see how they look
Old 04-29-2010, 09:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

they got prices of the 15's on the site i like the way these look!
Old 05-01-2010, 10:31 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Weld is being careful to not over commit, I think that's a good move on their part. One of their guys comes into this section from time to time, so maybe Scott will give a rough idea (mid summer, fall etc).