Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

good street radial for 15x10s ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default good street radial for 15x10s ?

looking for recommendations for a tire to fit my 15x10 draglites. the car is street driven, with occasional races/ spirited driving on the street. i figured a good drag radial would be best, but i'd like them to last more than 10k miles. ive been looking and most people like the et streets but they dont seem to last very long. 555s and bfgs seem popular too, but i dont think they'd last very long either. i found some firehawk indy 500s and the bfg radial t/a, but they dont look like they'd grab very well. all in all, im just confused and any help would be great. thanks

-Jake
Old 07-11-2011, 12:09 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

your best bet if you want traction is mickey thompsons,if you want affordability and mileage get nittos
Old 07-11-2011, 03:11 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah traction mts perform and look the best ,im about to get new rear tires ,mts for sure, my g forces havent done that bad on the street though ,lasted close to 2 summers,i got them because i got a great deal on them,
Old 07-11-2011, 06:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blackls1ta00
your best bet if you want traction is mickey thompsons,if you want affordability and mileage get nittos
i was looking at the nittos. i hear the 555 are pretty good, but they dont appear to have it in my size. they have the 555r, but from what i read, they dont last much longer than et streets. do you have personal experience with these tires?

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
yeah traction mts perform and look the best ,im about to get new rear tires ,mts for sure, my g forces havent done that bad on the street though ,lasted close to 2 summers,i got them because i got a great deal on them,
how many miles did you put on them? was your car a dd or just a weekend/track car? i was looking at those too, but was concerned with tread life