Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Looking for wheel rivets

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Looking for wheel rivets

Disclaimer: Spare me your thoughts on fake rivets on one piece rims. I like the look on these wheels, on my car.

I'm getting my Ruff 278's powdercoated, so the fake plastic rivets have to come out and will most likely need to be replaced. I've talked to the manufacturer and since the wheel has been discontinued for some years they really have no info, and they said they don't have a "common" rivet they use. If I was local (which I'm not) I'd have to bring one in to see if they can find a match. Nothing on ebay and the only thing that comes up on a google search is this vendor http://www.prestigewheel.com/Imagepwarc119s.asp .

Anybody have any insight that follows the disclaimer?
Old 01-22-2012, 08:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My suggestion would be to take one of the wheels to an industrial hardware supplier, and find a stainless steel, socket headed screw that would fit the holes in the wheels. I'm guessing an 8-32 or 10-32 screw would be in the ballpark. Buy enough screws to fill the 4 wheels, as well as hex nuts for the screws. Place the screws in the wheels, with a dab of locktite on the screws, and carefully thread on the nuts from the backside of the wheel....

EDIT.....I confess, I didn't click on your link for the rivet/screw vendor before posting the above. It looks like they have what you need, as long as you can take accurate measurements of the diameter and depth of the holes in your wheels. However, if you have a hardware distributor locally, it might be easier for you to follow my suggestion.

Quick Reply: Looking for wheel rivets