Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Best wheel & tire combo for LS7 street/strip TA

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Best wheel & tire combo for LS7 street/strip TA

We are building a street/strip non-daily driver TA. The car is a '98 convertible M6 with built T56, LS7 with torquer cam (619 fly wheel HP), Moser 9" rear, all bolt ons, etc. I plan to drive the car mostly on the street (occasional trip to the track). What would be the best wheel/tire combo for street use? I have looked at ZR1 replicas 18 x 9.5 fronts and 19 x 10 rears. But, I would like to maximize traction for street use with wider wheels/tires. I've considered doing a mini tub so that we can use 19 x 11's with 305s on the rear. I also don't want to pay over $1000-2000 for wheels alone. Any suggestions???
Old 02-06-2012, 12:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, a 19 inch rim probably won't be the best way to maximize your traction and if you do a mini tub, look at Carlos trans am. He's running a 19 inch RPM 505 thats 13 inches wide. But to hook you'll want a good tire with more of a sidewall so it can flex a little. If you're going for the look, the 19's look amazing on the trans am. Are you looking at straight line performance (drag radial), or something that will be able to take the turns extremely well?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...ni-tubbed.html

that's his car and it's one of my favorite T/A's on tech.